DPS query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS query

DPS claim they have sent me an email confirming all details of my recent deposit payment to them. Checked my inbox and spam and not received anything from them. Emailed back today to say I haven't received it, but obviously being weekend, I won't get reply until Monday at earliest (their automated system reply says 5 working days ). Awaiting all the info to pass on to my T.

Anyone else had this problem with them?

I personally have never done. All their letters always get through. The same happens with our tenants. Ask them to resend the letter.

Comment

I got a letter through post from DPS when LA only gave address and not my email. Current LL gave my email address and I got email from DPS with reference number etc but no letter through the post.

Log onto your account online and double check you entered the email addy correctly. Other than that you'll have to wait.
      I'm a good tenant with great landlords
      I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Hi Brb

Your signature line:-

I may only be a tenant but I'm a good tenant with great landlords
        Would look much better if you removed the 'only' from it.

There's nothing wrong with being a tenant, the word makes it sound as if you are denigrating yourself. I like your common sense attitude.

Anybody else agree with me?
        I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
          There's nothing wrong with being a tenant, the word makes it sound as if you are denigrating yourself. I like your common sense attitude.

Anybody else agree with me?
          Yes, I agree.

I'm a landlord now, but I was a tenant for a lot longer than I've been a landlord.

Comment

Tenants are, as far as I am concerned, just as welcome to post queries or offer solutions as anybody else on this board.

P.P.
            Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Awww I feel a bit shy now haha. Thanks for the kind words. I didn't mean it to come across as belittling myself (or any other tenants). Just wanted posters to be aware that anything I say is from a tenant's viewpoint

Have edited out the only.

Comment

Originally posted by Brb View Post
                Awww I feel a bit shy now haha. Thanks for the kind words. I didn't mean it to come across as belittling myself (or any other tenants). Just wanted posters to be aware that anything I say is from a tenant's viewpoint

Have edited out the only.
                I agree with jta, but if you think about it, even saying 'I may be a tenant, but...' makes it sound as though you have to justify it somehow! You don't.

Go for assertive! 'I'm a tenant. I'm also human!' would serve as a useful reminder to some of the LLs who post on this forum!
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                  I agree with jta, but if you think about it, even saying 'I may be a tenant, but...' makes it sound as though you have to justify it somehow! You don't.

Go for assertive! 'I'm a tenant. I'm also human!' would serve as a useful reminder to some of the LLs who post on this forum!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh PANIC!!! lol

Better ? (I'd like to put a smiley face here but I'm only allowed one per post inc quotes)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X