My painting contractor damaged neighbour's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Jeffrey. Where you are insured starting negotiations without referring to your insurers may prejudice your cover.

Comment

Which is why you don't negotiate!
      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Dear sometime accidents happen. He or you have not done it purposely. If your contractor has offered to clean it from some place that’s very nice of him but if he refuse it than Its not your problem. Sometime neighbour looking for such oppertunity and want to fix other things as well in your cost

Comment

Holy zombie thread resurrection
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Neighbour is not being an idiot. you employed a Contractor without checking he had Ins cover. What if he fell off his ladder whilst painting exterior first floor window and was unable to work for 4 weeks, would you have paid for his downtime?
            Fence spray is water-soluble until dry so I might advise washing the car with soapy warm water before reaching for the T Cut.

Comment

Wonder what happened in the end...maybe we will never know!
              Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X