Timescale and procedure for Return of Deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timescale and procedure for Return of Deposit

My tenant was evicted 2 weeks ago by a bailiff and his removal company removed his belongings this Saturday (2nd October).

The property is in a total mess with rat infestation, broken electrical shower unit and bathroom window glass; holes in walls; drawing and painting on walls, radiators, banisters, doors and carpets; stolen 6 chairs & Fridge/Freezer; garden not tended for 12 months, house not cleaned for 12 months; grease marks on all items of furniture, doors, window sills. Deliberate scratching of dining table and chairs to name some.

I am getting quotes for grdening, painting, carpet cleaning this week.

I have protected the deposit in a DPS.

Is there a set time when I have to inform the DPS that there will be deductions for above allowing for wear and tear?

Advice most appreciated.

Originally posted by Trishala View Post
    Is there a set time when I have to inform the DPS that there will be deductions for above allowing for wear and tear?
    Check the DPS website.

You say in your previous thread the T owes you four months' rent, so I would simply claim the deposit on that basis (assuming the contract permits deductions for unpaid rent).

If the T is employed, or there's a guarantor, then make a separate county court claim for the damage. You will need an inventory check-in report, signed by T, (or other strong evidence of the original condition of the property), in order to prove T is liable for damage.

Comment

The tenant does not owe me any rent except for this week as he removed his belonging on Saturday.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X