Eviction delays - possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam. There must have been some sort of figure against damage to your property. The finders fee, as you call it, is an incentive to take their tenant. I am sure if you go through your paperwork you will find some sort of reference to it.

Even if there is not anything written down there might well be some sort of responsibility on the council's part for saddling you with a no hoper.

I'll have to leave that question though for others more qualified than me.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Jta - Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

If anyone else out there with any advice regarding the eviction I would be glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post

Even if there is not anything written down there might well be some sort of responsibility on the council's part for saddling you with a no hoper.
        Alas almost certainly not. We've been a council contractor helping run their Temporary Accommodation scheme, and housed many tenants under Rent Assistance and Deposit Bond Schemes. Councils will not be held to any responsibility for ANYTHING beyond their bond amount (and that can be hard enough to get out of them. Trying to go down this route will be the proverbial brick wall and head situation.

Comment

Originally posted by visum View Post
          Alas almost certainly not. We've been a council contractor helping run their Temporary Accommodation scheme, and housed many tenants under Rent Assistance and Deposit Bond Schemes. Councils will not be held to any responsibility for ANYTHING beyond their bond amount (and that can be hard enough to get out of them. Trying to go down this route will be the proverbial brick wall and head situation.
          So really we're never going to get a penny out of, or any responsibility from the council or the tenant. Hence why the S21 route worked out better.

Still leaves me a little in the dark about the whole situation though.

If we are not wanting to persue rent arrears from the tenant, coupled with the fact that we sought and was granted a possession order on a S21, do we have to worry about not getting possession on the 14th oct?

Comment

You might get your bond amount if you have one. Unfortunately you've not made it entirely clear what you do have.

Section 8 would still have been quicker because the notice expires in 2 weeks not 2 months. Anyway it is all academic.

When you were at the court hearing (if there was one) the judge would have said 'possession granted in X days.' If there was no hearing you would have received correspondence to that effect.

If the tenant doesn't leave by that day then you apply for the bailiff (again a frustrating wait), but there is no provision at that point (at least that I am aware of) for anyone to go back and extend the date possession was due.

Just get the bailiffs round and get them gone.

Comment

It sounds to me like the only reason the council want to know if you will be claiming for rent arrears is to establish whether or not the tenant has made herself intentionally homeless or not. If so, the council had no obligation to house them. Probably just trying all they can to get another no hoper off the council list.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X