Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Rent Agreement Cancelation

Hello,
    My current situation is that I found a flat to move in on Oct 1st. However, the agency told me today that they cannot let the flat to me. I only have 4 days left to find a new flat, which is almost impossible. My current contract ends on Oct 1st. I will not have any place to stay after this date. The main problem is that I haven’t signed the contract with the agency nor landlord yet. The agent told me that we will sign the contract on Oct 1st. But I indeed have a copy of contract from the agency and my email communications with the agency have mentioned that the landlord has indeed signed the contract though I haven’t. I have passed the reference check. I have paid a holding deposit and signed a one week holding deposit contract. I have all communications with the letting agent. I am writing to see in this situation what I can do and do I have rights to claim some compensation from the agency at least for the period that I do not have a place to stay? Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by ctmerit View Post
    I found a flat to move in on Oct 1st. However, the agency told me today that they cannot let the flat to me.
    Because...?

Comment

the current tenant refuses to move out. Now he stays there without any payment. This is at least the reason given by the agent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X