Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Australia

Dear All,

I have been a lurker on these boards for a while and picked up some fab advice. I would be most grateful if you guys could come through for me and advise on our predicament.

We originally moved into our flat in London in Feb 2009, we were on a year's AST with 6 month break clause. We stayed the year and when it came past the date we were sent a new AST to sign, and were informed we were to be charged £50 for this. Anyway, work and life happened and we never actually signed the new AST.

Fast forward to now and my husband has been offered a job (accepted) in Australia, and we need to be out there for early January 2011. So we plan to fly on Dec 31st. If the AST stands (even though not signed) this means that we are needing to be released 6 weeks early...
    If the AST doesn't stand then we give one months notice?

Jeremy I think your advice would be beneficial here.... OOPS I meant Jeffrey! Thanks for the advice jta...

We don't have a Jeremy.

If you did not sign a new AST then you have a statutory periodic tenancy running from month to month, for this you are required to give just one months notice ending on the day before the next monthly period begins.

So your notice period will end on whatever day that is. You may have to pay a few days after you travel but that's it.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Make sure your notice is in writing, sent to the address for serving notices given in the tenancy agreement, and keep copy notice/obtain proof of posting.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X