Builders fenced-off open land near let premises: can T object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Without going into detail about the whys & wherefors, I had no choice but to except property as I was in homeless accom. The council give you one chance to refuse a property with good reason or they drop you from housing list. As I was in temp accom, we didn't get a choice...

Aslo you mentioned "I agree. As long as what L let is unaltered, and T's rights are unaffected, L is not obliged to forewarn T of its sale-off. "

It is altered as they have sold a portion of it off?

It looks like the bottom line is that there is nothing we can do, they have no responisbility to notify us of the sale.

Thanks for all your replies.

Comment

It would be worse if you owned the house I suppose and the land had been sold privately - then there would also be nothing you could do but you would be stuck in the house. Perhaps at some point you will find a better property where you are totally happy and will move - though that is probably little consolation at this point. I am sorry you have been upset by this but hopefully all will be well for you in the end.
      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Hi ya,

It's just a shame that every little bit of green now gets sold off. I know why they didn't notify us, because they knew we'd all object. IF they spent the money on doing the mtce on the houses then it wouldn't be so bad, but you know that won't happen.

Next thing will be the trees coming down & planning permission going in for a big 2 sided, 22 story extension...lol

Many thanks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Estate agents letting fees
          by Harper62
          reply to: theartfullodger - the question relates to the agent's commission - the contracts are for one year or more and whether the agent should charge commission of a tenant stays longer than a year
          02-12-2021, 22:01 PM
          by Harper62
          reply to Andrew Dodd - I think you've misunderstood. As I mentioned the house has been let since 2006 - the agent finds the tenants and secures the rental amount, draws up the contract - it's a successful operation. My query related to the period the agent wants to charge commission on. That's what...
          02-12-2021, 21:57 PM
          by Hudson01
          I use an estate agent on a tenant find basis with no management but always interview each of the prospective tenants who pass the tests, i pay 1 months rent as their fee and that is it, if the tenancy lasts 1 year or 10 years i pay that one fee and that is it. Anything else i would not accept.
          02-12-2021, 21:36 PM
        • Reply to 5 Yr Residential tenancy agreement
          by landlord-man
          12 month AST

Establish rapport with Tenants, do some. LL training and then sack the agent and keep more ££ yourself...
          02-12-2021, 20:43 PM
        • 5 Yr Residential tenancy agreement
          by Gurvinder
          Hi All

We have a property which is managed by a letting agent
          He has found new Tennent's that want to lease it for 5 yrs. There is a large hospital near the property and the tenants are NHS workers.

My questions are as below.

1) I read somewhere a long...
          30-11-2021, 21:42 PM
          by theartfullodger
          So either do it yourself, no agent, or specify 6 months then rolling periodic.
          02-12-2021, 20:37 PM
        • Estate agents letting fees
          by Harper62
          Can I ask advice on this matter. I've had a property in London since 2006 which is rented. Whichever estate agent I use, they all want to charge a letting fee (let only not managed) on the whole term. Tenants often sign for more than a year and the estate agent is keen to charge a commission for each...
          02-12-2021, 19:00 PM
          by AndrewDod
          Why exactly do you want to use an agent for a Let only non-managed?

The most critical bit of the process which you should be doing yourself (even for fully managed) you are devolving to others. Will end badly....
          02-12-2021, 20:22 PM
        • Reply to help / advice on letting
          by john19
          I really would be grateful if someone could please comment on my above post ;-

1) Can you make an amendment to the existing tenancy agreement removing the estate agents as managing agents?

2) if the estate agents will not amend the existing agreement and still say a new tenancy...
          02-12-2021, 20:17 PM
        • Am I going to have any issues with this s21?
          by Cotton
          for a s21 to be valid i need to give the tenant the gas certifcate, epc, eicr and the 'how to rent' guide before occupation

Being a DSS tenant and not having access to their details prior to occupation, I emailed these documents to the council weeks before the tenant took occupancy at the...
          02-12-2021, 20:06 PM
        Working...
        X