Letting agency informing that they will enter property against will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to blank out the name of the agency in my letter and further replies? I thought I had removed all the names but someone called my attention over it.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohanDij View Post

Will go today again to Homebase as I couldn't find what I wanted so wil take the photos and get some help.
      I would've gone to a hardware store or locksmiths, as you are more likely to get the exact lock.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Someone asked me again if the deposit was protected and I was given the info that there are only 3 schemes?

This is the details I have:

The name is Tenant Deposit Solutions Limited and I have an address, phone number, email and website.
        On the deposit reference no. it says: "If not shown (and it isn't), please contact the letting agent no earlier than 7 days after the start of the tenancy."

On their website when I fill in my in-laws details it says:

"my|deposits are unable to find a deposit protection with the details you provided.

The protection may not have been uploaded yet or the deposit may be protected with another scheme.

Please contact your agent/landlord for details. You can download the
        Tenancy Deposit Protection Overview document here
        my|deposits are unable to find a deposit protection with the details you provided.

The protection may not have been uploaded yet or the deposit may be protected with another scheme.

Please contact your agent/landlord for details."

What does this mean? Is their deposit covered? Is this company real??

Ok, it seems that their other name is mydeposits. I'm calling them tomorrow and giving my in-laws details to check if they do have their deposit, as on my last phone call I only asked if deposits with them were protected or not.

You need a degree to rent a house these days!!!
        Last edited by JohanDij; 16-09-2010, 18:09 PM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Have you checked with the deposit protection scheme (DPS) ?

Comment

I only checked on the website I have on the paper given to my in-laws.

What does "protected deposit" mean btw??

Comment

Here are the photos of the lock:

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/...icture013a.jpg

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture014.jpg

Comment

I cannot pm you yet, but I will when I reach 15. Sorry about that.

Comment

Here are the photos of the lock:
                  Ok, that's a bog-standard mortice sashlock - nobody's going to be able to help you further than that from a picture. Examples are here - there are different sizes, so your best bet really would be to unscrew the existing lock, and (preferably) (if there's somebody left in the house who can bolt the door or jam it shut temporarily from the inside) take the lock to a locksmith or shop to buy a replacement, or failing that, get accurate measurements from the extracted lock and refit it before you go.

Comment

I only checked on the website I have on the paper given to my in-laws.

What does "protected deposit" mean btw??
                    There are deposit protection schemes which a landlord or letting agent registers a deposit with.

There are three main TDS, Mydeposits and DPS.

A 'protected deposit' is registered with the schemes. TDS and Mydeposits the agent/landlords hold the deposit, with the DPS the deposit is sent to them.

Have you been given a copy of the prescribed information for the scheme you are registered with?

Comment

Locks

I bought 2 bolts to put on the back door and a new barrell lock for the front door. So I just bolted the back and went out the front. I got my barrell lock off eBay as most of them will post same day 1st class.

Personally I think you are being too accommodating with LA, in my letter I would have had one sentence saying no more viewings because of their abusive behaviour on phone. There is nothing they can do about it.

Comment

You night like to use this form to obtain confirmation form the deposit companies if they are legally protecting your deposit.

There is advice here too.

Comment

Just to add some letting agents are really nice to tenants too...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenancy inspection - more than one inspector?
                            by jpkeates
                            The Tenant Fees Act doesn't impact a landlord (or tenant) being able to sue for compensation for a loss.

I'm not sure what loss the landlord might incur if the tenant did decline an inspection, but, for example, if the landlord had paid for someone to inspect the property and the tenant...
                            20-01-2022, 13:24 PM
                          • Tenancy inspection - more than one inspector?
                            by templar018080
                            Good evening,

I'm a tenant with an amicable relationship with my agent and landlord.

I've been notified that the landlord and agent would like to inspect the premises at the same time together. (Just a routine inspection.) My question - is there currently anything in the...
                            17-01-2022, 18:13 PM
                          • Long term "guest"
                            by Ollie2000
                            Hi,

I have a very small flat let out to a single tenant. The tenancy agreement states the maximum number of occupants as one.

The tenant now wants her mother to stay with her as a guest for several months (she would have nowhere else to stay as she is not a UK resident). ...
                            20-01-2022, 13:21 PM
                          • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
                            by Turbine Terry
                            I use Openrent for all my properties - advert and referencing for 2 tenants only £90 total - saves hundreds from using a normal letting agent and advert goes on Rightmove etc. I had 97 enquiries in 4 weeks for my last advert, but I am very picky so I took my time before choosing. You do the viewings...
                            20-01-2022, 13:18 PM
                          • Greetings, I Come in Peace
                            by AVJ113
                            Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
                            20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
                          • Reply to Tenancy inspection - more than one inspector?
                            by templar018080
                            Indeed, the contact makes a provision to allow inspections, however, does not specify that the landlord may sue for financial compensation in the event that I refuse one. Would a landlord be brave enough to even insert a clause for monetary compensation or even attempt to sue given the Tenant Fee Act...
                            20-01-2022, 13:03 PM
                          • Reply to Previous tenant paid last gas bill based on wrong estimated reading by gas company
                            by DPT57
                            I think that knowing I was responsible for the energy used from the date I moved in I would not just have accepted that no-one knows where the mater cupboard key is. I would have got it open somehow. The ones in my flats can be opened with a flathead screwdriver....
                            20-01-2022, 12:41 PM
                          • Previous tenant paid last gas bill based on wrong estimated reading by gas company
                            by Farrella
                            The previous tenant left during lockdown and closed his gas account based on an estimated reading that was too low. I did not realise this until 6 months afterwards as I never took a reading when I moved in, assuming everything was correct (oops). Then the gas company took a reading 6 months later...
                            19-01-2022, 16:25 PM
                          • Reply to Ending of a tenancy
                            by DPT57
                            As Artful says, the tenants notice is invalid as its served during the fixed term, (unless you have a contractual periodic tenancy), so you can't legally rely on them moving out and would have no recourse if the changed their minds and stayed on.

New tenants would likely sue you for their...
                            20-01-2022, 12:36 PM
                          • Ending of a tenancy
                            by leasee123
                            Hello,

I am a landlord with a tenancy fixed term ending in March. My tenants emailed to say they will be leaving, giving two month notice.

I will be marketing the property to find new tenants. How do I know that am I protected from the event of the tenants staying beyond...
                            19-01-2022, 12:42 PM
                          Working...
                          X