Serious problem tenants -any help required!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Serious problem tenants -any help required!

    Hi all

    Got a tenant in a property who has been issued with Section 21 because in the 4 months of being there they have absolutely trashed the place! The S21 expires 20th October

    Since being issued with the notice they have got worse, I am now getting complaints on a daily basis from everyone on the street with problems from cars revving till 4am, shouting, swearing and pissing wherever they want!

    No matter how many times I write to the tenant or go and see them with about another complaint they just seem to get worse and the whole area is being effected!

    Legally is there anything else we can do. The police dont seem to care about the ani social behaviour. The couple have even had social services saying they will take the children away and this doesnt seem to have any effect either!

    Anyone got any ideas? Other than hope they leave on their own when the s21 expires?

    #2
    Originally posted by confused. View Post
    Hi all

    Got a tenant in a property who has been issued with Section 21 because in the 4 months of being there they have absolutely trashed the place! The S21 expires 20th October

    Since being issued with the notice they have got worse, I am now getting complaints on a daily basis from everyone on the street with problems from cars revving till 4am, shouting, swearing and pissing wherever they want!

    No matter how many times I write to the tenant or go and see them with about another complaint they just seem to get worse and the whole area is being effected!

    Legally is there anything else we can do. The police dont seem to care about the ani social behaviour. The couple have even had social services saying they will take the children away and this doesnt seem to have any effect either!

    Anyone got any ideas? Other than hope they leave on their own when the s21 expires?
    It sounds like you could issue a section 8 under ground 14 today and commence a possession claim on Monday (no notice required for g14). It isn't a mandatory ground, so you will need compelling evidence.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
      It sounds like you could issue a section 8 under ground 14 today and commence a possession claim on Monday (no notice required for g14). It isn't a mandatory ground, so you will need compelling evidence.
      How would I issue that? Is there a standard form? The evidence shouldn't be a problem!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by confused. View Post
        How would I issue that? Is there a standard form? The evidence shouldn't be a problem!
        If you go to the agreements section on this website, you can download a template from there (you may need to re-register)

        The relevant grounds are here: http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...&filesize=4438

        And you can commence the claim at www.possessionclaim.gov.uk which is £50 cheaper than submitting paper forms.

        Comment

        Latest Activity

        Collapse

        Working...
        X