Removal of items from property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of items from property

Is a landlord allowed to request items are removed from a property mid tenancy? i.e. white goods?

No, what a tenant does during the tenancy (within reason) is up to them. If the property is being used as storeage for old white goods (a room full of fridges?), that may be slightly different.

Comment

What is your Landlord asking you to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
        If the property is being used as storeage for old white goods (a room full of fridges?), that may be slightly different.
        Even if the landlord has neglected to include a clause in his agreement stating "The tenant shall not use the spare bedroom as a store room for old refrigerators"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
          Even if the landlord has neglected to include a clause in his agreement stating "The tenant shall not use the spare bedroom as a store room for old refrigerators"?
          Cheeky Eric!

I'm thinking it might be a 'business use' issue - but OP needs to tell us more.

Although the orignal post omits to mention the number/size, just refering to "white goods", I can think of no 'normal' situation where the landlord would request a tenant to remove their appliances.

Edit... Could it be an unsafe gas cooker?

Comment

The landlord has requested a fridge/freezer and a table is returned, for their own personal use I believe.

How cheeky!

Comment

Oh that is easy...

The freezer and table formed part of the letting contract, especially if they are shown on an inventory.

Tell the LL he can have them if he provides equal goods to replace them or reduces the rent by an amount sufficient to compensate for the cost/inconvenience it will cause.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X