Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check deposit status?

I have a couple of questions:

I am buying a flat through an auction and the flat comes with an AST. I have left notes through the door, went personally on a couple of occassions but nobody answered the door.

No neighbours have seen the resident.

1. How can I check the status of the deposit for said property?

2. I need to check the ground rent arrears and service charges arrears?

3. If council tax is pending, can the council demand it from the new owners?

4. If previous owners failed to protect the deposit, could I be liable for not protecting it or paying it back?

5. The tenancy started April, 2010.

Also need to send the surveyor and dont have access, it is likely that the auctioneers will turn around and say they dont have the keys either.

Comment

Re deposit, you can call the three schemes and see what they say! .. On other items your solicitor should be sorting this....

Have you "Won" the auction.. or are just going to bid? You will struggle to get Surveyor in if T is not answering door....
      GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Originally posted by justaboutsane View Post
        Re deposit, you can call the three schemes and see what they say! .. On other items your solicitor should be sorting this....

Have you "Won" the auction.. or are just going to bid? You will struggle to get Surveyor in if T is not answering door....

This is the main concern really the surveyor needs to value the property in order to get mortgage and T doesnt answer the door.

Comment

T has no obligation to let your surveyor in (or you!) except in exceptional circumstances. Many mortgage companies are able to do a drive-by valuation as this is not an uncommon scenario with buy-to-let mortgages.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X