What are the rules for contacting tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the rules for contacting tenants?

Am I allowed to say, phone them up to discuss the situation with them? Our flat is rented through agents who are being worse than useless.

Originally posted by blitzoid View Post
    Am I allowed to say, phone them up to discuss the situation with them? Our flat is rented through agents who are being worse than useless.
    I don't believe that there is a law that says you may not phone your tenants up.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by blitzoid View Post
      Of course you can contact your tenants if you wish. They are your tenants, not your agent's. It does however beg the question of why you are paying a'worse than useless' agent - smacks of buying a dog, but barking yourself!

Sack the agent.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Check the contract you have with the agent, there is usually a one month notice period. All contracts have to have a termination clause, they can't lock you in ad infinitum. Even if the clause says something silly it can always be challenged as unreasonable or unenforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by gardeningmad View Post
          All contracts have to have a termination clause.
          Do they? Where does it say that, then?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X