X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Originally posted by bukicole View Post
    Thanks for the info - will send 3 copies from 3 different post offices! But do I put the date of service as the date that I post the notice or a couple of days later? Sorry, feeling a bit dim but just don't want to get this wrong.

Thanks
    There is no need to put a date of service on a section 21 notice. If you feel you must, then put a service date of 2 working days after it is to be posted.

Leave a comment:

• bukicole
    replied
    Thanks for the info - will send 3 copies from 3 different post offices! But do I put the date of service as the date that I post the notice or a couple of days later? Sorry, feeling a bit dim but just don't want to get this wrong.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Firstly, do not send it by special delivey - the tenant can refuse to accept it, or simply not be in when the postman calls.

If you send 2 copies by first class mail, from different post offices, and get *free* certificates of posting, the court will accept that they were served 2 working days later.

TBH, one copy might suffice, but two give extra safety if tenant claims they got lost in the post so weren't served.

Leave a comment:

• bukicole
    started a topic Section 21 Notice Service Date - By Post

Section 21 Notice Service Date - By Post

Hi, I need to issue a section 21 notice to my tenant. But I'm not sure what date to put as the date the notice is/was/will be served, as I'm sending by next day special delivery. Would it be the date I post it or the following day?

Any help would be much appreciated.

B

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X