Let premises to company- effect? deposit? ending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mistake Jeffrey - its not LLC its LLP , i belive its partnership as as laywers firm. should they treated like a company?

its laywers firm based in London

many thanks

Comment

yes, its a Limited Liablity Partnership and therefore not an AST and as such deposit does not have to be protected.

Comment

LLP= Limited Liability Partnership.
        It's a sort of halfway between partnership and company.
        See Limited Liability Partnership Act 2000: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/12/contents
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Clarify with the LLP who the other party to the AST will be. If it is the LLP itself point out the section of the Housing Act 1988 that says an AST can only be with an individual. That should make them feel a bit foolish at least. If they don't listen you lose nothing from signing it. An AST that is not with an individual cannot be an AST, whatever it says on it's face.
          Disclaimer:

The above represents my own opinion, derived from personal knowledge and should not be relied upon as definitive or accurate advice. It is offered free of charge and may contain errors or omissions or be an inaccurate opinion of the law. I accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relying on the above.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaal View Post
            If they don't listen you lose nothing from signing it. An AST that is not with an individual cannot be an AST, whatever it says on it's face.
            True. The document could create a common-law contractual Letting Agreement, albeit not with AST status.
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

So i can go ahead and sign it and ignore the clause about deposit protection (even it will be in the contract)...and they will not be able to penalise me in case i hold deposit with me...they seem solid tenants, just do not want to loose them....thanks

Comment

I think you'll find that the three schemes won't allow you to register a company even if you try to.
                My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric675 View Post
                  So i can go ahead and sign it and ignore the clause about deposit protection (even it will be in the contract)...and they will not be able to penalise me in case i hold deposit with me.
                  Yes. As oaktree posts, a non-AST deposit is outside all three AST-deposit schemes.

Comment

great...yep just tried to do it with mydeposit and they refuse to register...looks like its close the topic....only question left...why are they pushing for it....where is the catch....they are legal guys...and this is very B&W point...

Comment

Residential Letting to Service Companies, which document to use?

Hi,
                      I am currently advertising 2 block of residential properties and have been approached by a service company. They are looking to rent the properties from me and they then rent them out as serviced apartments on shorter terms. I understand that i should not be using an AST as letting to a company falls outside the Housing Act but i do not know if it is sufficent to use a company let. I wonder as the nature of their business is letting if i need to use a commercial lease. Any advise welcome. Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't personally use a DIY job. Spend a bit and get a solicitor to advise you. I suspect you will need a commercial lease and the rights you're going to be granting and reserving are going to be specific and dealed.
                        [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Several largely similar questions on separate threads have been merged into this thread (hence the repetitive nature of answers).

Comment

Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
                            I wouldn't personally use a DIY job. Spend a bit and get a solicitor to advise you. I suspect you will need a commercial lease and the rights you're going to be granting and reserving are going to be specific and dealed.
                            When i said dealed. I meant detailed
                            [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                            X