About to serve accelorated possession papers, but what is a certificate of service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ljbljb
    replied
    That's a good point! I'll ask for them. They can have the photocopies back! Thanks for the advice. I'm having a nightmare and feel the situation is very unfair, but I will follow the law. Just wish I had somewhere to live myself.....

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by ljbljb View Post
    I presume the estate agency. I sent an email asking them to instruct the tenants. I went and got copies of all the paperwork from them.
    Since you are representing yourself you will need to provide a bundle of documents for the court and I would assume that it is preferable to have the originals in your possession.

They are no use to the agents, are they?

Leave a comment:

• ljbljb
    replied
    I presume the estate agency. I sent an email asking them to instruct the tenants. I went and got copies of all the paperwork from them.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Another time, it would be better to send two copies of the s21 from different post offices and to keep the free certificates of posting as a court will accept these as proof you served it. (A T might persuade a judge he hadn't received one notice, but not two!)

If you have not done that, then the original certificate would be better than a photocopy, I would think. Who has that?

Leave a comment:

• About to serve accelorated possession papers, but what is a certificate of service?

Hi,
    I have rented my house through an estate agency, and I asked them to give notice to my tenants, which they did as a s21.
    I now need to go through the official channels to get tenants out (council have advised them to stay until formal eviction, grr).
    I am doing the accelerated possession papers myself, but am unsure if I need a certificate of service. As I said, I instructed the estate agency to give the enants notice, and I have photocopies of the S21 and a photocopy of a proof of postage from the post office.
    Please advise! I have never rented my property before, and have had my fingers well and truly burnt.

Regards, LJB

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X