X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vectrac19
    replied
    Sorted

Well, the culprit has just called me and was the most apologetic lad!

Him: "Hi, I parked in your space and need to get my car out, I am so sorry, I promise I will never do it again"

Me: "Good, I was about to get it towed by the police"

Him: "Oh my god, I am really really sorry mate"

Cheers for all of the input though guys!

Leave a comment:

• countryguy
    replied
    Video camera filming who it is from the bedroom ? other that just firebomb his car ... no car can't park there

Seriously I know how it feels to have your space your paying for nicked so I hope you do get it sorted

Leave a comment:

• vectrac19
    replied
    Originally posted by countryguy View Post
    Is there something in front of the car so they could go forward a bit before sneaking out ? were you touching bumpers ? have you ever seen what time it leaves to confront them ?
    There is a hedge but I wouldn't want to drive into it as it's deep and full of thorns so would definitely scratch the paint work. I am a near on 1cm away from his bumper at an angle that others can manoeuvre out, but he stands no chance. Our bedroom windows look over the car park and I our lounge/dinar is at the front meaning I don't notice when people leave.

Leave a comment:

• countryguy
    replied
    Is there something in front of the car so they could go forward a bit before sneaking out ? were you touching bumpers ? have you ever seen what time it leaves to confront them ?

Leave a comment:

• vectrac19
    replied
    I bet where you live the teen hoodies are really bad .. you know letting tyres down and things
    Haha, thankfully not!

Oh.....I just realised what you meant! Maybe when it gets dark later some chav in a hoodie may come out and play
    Last edited by vectrac19; 03-09-2010, 13:11 PM. Reason: I cant understand jokes!

Leave a comment:

• countryguy
    replied
    I bet where you live the teen hoodies are really bad .. you know letting tyres down and things

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by vectrac19 View Post
    I have blocked it off and left a note explaining that he cannot keep parking there. I have blocked it off with my own car that is bigger than theirs but I did the same thing the other day and some how (I have absolutely no idea how) they got out and the note was left on the floor in the empty space.....
    Easy answer - buy an old banger, add it to your insurance, tax it and put it it the car space.

Or, contact the block manager and make a formal complaint about it.

Leave a comment:

• vectrac19
    replied
    I used to have this at work .. someone in the posh flats stealing my space for months (I paid £100 per month for it).. got the office girl to turn off the cctv camera and 6 of us bumped the car onto double yellows and called the police about dodgy parking ... never happened again and he got a ticket (it was an old fiesta so light)

Could you not block it in and leave a phone number on the wind screen ?
    I have blocked it off and left a note explaining that he cannot keep parking there. I have blocked it off with my own car that is bigger than theirs but I did the same thing the other day and some how (I have absolutely no idea how) they got out and the note was left on the floor in the empty space.....

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by vectrac19 View Post
    Hi,

I am really struggling to find the answer to my question and stumbled across this website.

I have just moved into a flat that we have a 6 month lease on (renting). We have an allocated parking space with our flat number clearly painted on it. My problem is, every day I get home from work, it is taken by other residence of the same building! Where do I stand in terms of what I can do (getting the car removed etc)?

We have spoken to our letting agent but they have not come back to us and it is getting to the point now that I want to clamp their car and I will find alternative parking!

Thanks in advance
    Park your car directly behind him, preventing him from getting out. Put a note with your number on his window.

When he wants to go he will find he can't and will discover the meaning of inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• countryguy
    replied
    I used to have this at work .. someone in the posh flats stealing my space for months (I paid £100 per month for it).. got the office girl to turn off the cctv camera and 6 of us bumped the car onto double yellows and called the police about dodgy parking ... never happened again and he got a ticket (it was an old fiesta so light)

Could you not block it in and leave a phone number on the wind screen ?

Leave a comment:

• vectrac19
    replied
    Originally posted by jmh View Post
    My allcoated spots have these posts that you put in the ground in the centre of the parking space and you need a key to "fold" the post down when you want to park you car and you raise it up so nobody else can park in there.
    Unfortunately, we don't have such a luxury! We just have inconsiderate people parking in that space, constantly.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied
    My allcoated spots have these posts that you put in the ground in the centre of the parking space and you need a key to "fold" the post down when you want to park you car and you raise it up so nobody else can park in there. Not sure how much these are to purchase and of course you might not want to if you're only on a six month lease.

Leave a comment:

• vectrac19
    started a topic Allocated Parking Space

Allocated Parking Space

Hi,

I am really struggling to find the answer to my question and stumbled across this website.

I have just moved into a flat that we have a 6 month lease on (renting). We have an allocated parking space with our flat number clearly painted on it. My problem is, every day I get home from work, it is taken by other residence of the same building! Where do I stand in terms of what I can do (getting the car removed etc)?

We have spoken to our letting agent but they have not come back to us and it is getting to the point now that I want to clamp their car and I will find alternative parking!

Thanks in advance

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
    by DoricPixie
    You don't need the password of the vacating tenant. Their account with the utility company has nothing to do with you as you are setting up a new account not taking over the tenant's account. The section on the websites is usually called something like "Moving Home" and although you're not...
    19-05-2022, 03:26 AM
  • notifying utility companies of tenant change
    by flyingfreehold
    Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
    18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
    by flyingfreehold
    but how can you give the information online if you dont have the password of the tenant vacating?
    19-05-2022, 02:14 AM
    by DoricPixie
    You’re not really putting the account back into the landlord’s name, you’re opening a new account.

I thought the majority of utility suppliers let you set up a new account online as they don’t really want you phoning them either. Closing the account is all done online too and the...
    19-05-2022, 00:35 AM
  • Reply to Windows and front door smashed
    by Yorkie2020
    Thanks artfull, we have the CRN. we may need help from the place you suggested as I've never had to deal with an insurance company before and it's already looking like its going to be North of £1600 claim and they will try to wriggle out of it.

Had a very unpleasant chat with the tenant...
    19-05-2022, 00:04 AM
  • Windows and front door smashed
    by Yorkie2020
    Tenant messaged this morning to say her living room window and front door were smashed in last night plus some other damage. She called the police who arranged for someone to secure the broken window and door.
    In all the years of being a landlord, I've never had to make an insurance claim before,...
    17-05-2022, 16:41 PM
  • Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise
    by Renterthedragon
    I’m a tenant facing a sharp rent increase and in need of advice.

I have a good landlord who agreed to a rent reduction last year because of ongoing maintenance issues and lower market values. However, I can only communicate with them through an agency.

Approaching the end...
    18-05-2022, 22:10 PM
    by ash72
    I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
    18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
  • Reply to Single parent renting
    by Hooper
    I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
    18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
  • Single parent renting
    by Dct
    A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
    18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
Working...
X