Allocated Parking Space

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Allocated Parking Space

    Hi,

    I am really struggling to find the answer to my question and stumbled across this website.

    I have just moved into a flat that we have a 6 month lease on (renting). We have an allocated parking space with our flat number clearly painted on it. My problem is, every day I get home from work, it is taken by other residence of the same building! Where do I stand in terms of what I can do (getting the car removed etc)?

    We have spoken to our letting agent but they have not come back to us and it is getting to the point now that I want to clamp their car and I will find alternative parking!

    Thanks in advance

    #2
    My allcoated spots have these posts that you put in the ground in the centre of the parking space and you need a key to "fold" the post down when you want to park you car and you raise it up so nobody else can park in there. Not sure how much these are to purchase and of course you might not want to if you're only on a six month lease.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jmh View Post
      My allcoated spots have these posts that you put in the ground in the centre of the parking space and you need a key to "fold" the post down when you want to park you car and you raise it up so nobody else can park in there.
      Unfortunately, we don't have such a luxury! We just have inconsiderate people parking in that space, constantly.

      Comment


        #4
        I used to have this at work .. someone in the posh flats stealing my space for months (I paid £100 per month for it).. got the office girl to turn off the cctv camera and 6 of us bumped the car onto double yellows and called the police about dodgy parking ... never happened again and he got a ticket (it was an old fiesta so light)


        Could you not block it in and leave a phone number on the wind screen ?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by vectrac19 View Post
          Hi,

          I am really struggling to find the answer to my question and stumbled across this website.

          I have just moved into a flat that we have a 6 month lease on (renting). We have an allocated parking space with our flat number clearly painted on it. My problem is, every day I get home from work, it is taken by other residence of the same building! Where do I stand in terms of what I can do (getting the car removed etc)?

          We have spoken to our letting agent but they have not come back to us and it is getting to the point now that I want to clamp their car and I will find alternative parking!

          Thanks in advance
          Park your car directly behind him, preventing him from getting out. Put a note with your number on his window.

          When he wants to go he will find he can't and will discover the meaning of inconvenience.
          Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

          I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by countryguy View Post
            I used to have this at work .. someone in the posh flats stealing my space for months (I paid £100 per month for it).. got the office girl to turn off the cctv camera and 6 of us bumped the car onto double yellows and called the police about dodgy parking ... never happened again and he got a ticket (it was an old fiesta so light)


            Could you not block it in and leave a phone number on the wind screen ?
            I have blocked it off and left a note explaining that he cannot keep parking there. I have blocked it off with my own car that is bigger than theirs but I did the same thing the other day and some how (I have absolutely no idea how) they got out and the note was left on the floor in the empty space.....

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by vectrac19 View Post
              I have blocked it off and left a note explaining that he cannot keep parking there. I have blocked it off with my own car that is bigger than theirs but I did the same thing the other day and some how (I have absolutely no idea how) they got out and the note was left on the floor in the empty space.....
              Easy answer - buy an old banger, add it to your insurance, tax it and put it it the car space.

              Or, contact the block manager and make a formal complaint about it.
              Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

              I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

              Comment


                #8
                I bet where you live the teen hoodies are really bad .. you know letting tyres down and things

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                  I bet where you live the teen hoodies are really bad .. you know letting tyres down and things
                  Haha, thankfully not!

                  Oh.....I just realised what you meant! Maybe when it gets dark later some chav in a hoodie may come out and play
                  Last edited by vectrac19; 03-09-2010, 13:11 PM. Reason: I cant understand jokes!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Is there something in front of the car so they could go forward a bit before sneaking out ? were you touching bumpers ? have you ever seen what time it leaves to confront them ?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                      Is there something in front of the car so they could go forward a bit before sneaking out ? were you touching bumpers ? have you ever seen what time it leaves to confront them ?
                      There is a hedge but I wouldn't want to drive into it as it's deep and full of thorns so would definitely scratch the paint work. I am a near on 1cm away from his bumper at an angle that others can manoeuvre out, but he stands no chance. Our bedroom windows look over the car park and I our lounge/dinar is at the front meaning I don't notice when people leave.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Video camera filming who it is from the bedroom ? other that just firebomb his car ... no car can't park there

                        Seriously I know how it feels to have your space your paying for nicked so I hope you do get it sorted

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sorted

                          Well, the culprit has just called me and was the most apologetic lad!

                          Him: "Hi, I parked in your space and need to get my car out, I am so sorry, I promise I will never do it again"

                          Me: "Good, I was about to get it towed by the police"

                          Him: "Oh my god, I am really really sorry mate"

                          Cheers for all of the input though guys!

                          Comment

                          Latest Activity

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X