Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I serve an N39 form to somebody in a public place

Dear Forum,

I recently managed for a second time to serve an N39 form on someone in person to attend the court for questioning about her income etc.

I was told that I then need to fill out the N215 (certificate of service) which I have done, however it says that for an individual the permitted place of service is "Usual or last known address", but the ex tenant is constanlty moving from family member to family member.

The problem I have is that I served the form on her in a public place. I have tried to get help via the HMCS website, but cant find anything on there.

Its also asking for address where service was effected. This was at a local church, as they offer free food there 3 times a week, and the whole family attend.

Any help most welcome, as the family are complete benefit fraudsters.

Originally posted by rugbyroom View Post
    I was told that I then need to fill out the N215 (certificate of service) which I have done, however it says that for an individual the permitted place of service is "Usual or last known address"...
    That's if it is served by post. You will see in the form's guidance notes that it also refers you to Part 6 of the Civil Procedure Rules, which you'll find here

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/proc...6.htm#IDAMPPVB

and it also has a paragraph entitled "Personal Service".

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X