Notice for break clause by email, from agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
    There is nothing you can do to stop your tenant using the break clause. If they do not pay their rent, you would have to take the arrears out of their deposit, if your tenancy agreement allows you to do this. Or you would have to take them to the small claims court to get any money that you are owed.
    I wonder whether there can be conditions attached to the break clause e.g. that T (or L) must not be in breach of any of the obligations of the tenancy at the point at which he invokes the break clause?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      I wonder whether there can be conditions attached to the break clause e.g. that T (or L) must not be in breach of any of the obligations of the tenancy at the point at which he invokes the break clause?
      Usually a landlord uses breaches of the tenancy agreement to serve notice on the tenant, not to make them stay in the property for another 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
        Usually a landlord uses breaches of the tenancy agreement to serve notice on the tenant, not to make them stay in the property for another 6 months.
        I agree, but if it were a choice of letting them disappear into the blue beyond owing me rent, or only letting them leave once they have settled all outstanding rent/debts, I know which I would opt for!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Yes there can.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X