Helpful tips on paperwork needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful tips on paperwork needed please

Hiya. On going annoyonce with tenants has led to us finally getting the paperwork from the court to get them kicked out under section 8 notice that expired on the 28th of last month.
    ....Not sure if ive filled it in correctly and i know how important it is. Wanting to get it done asap tho so does anyone know a step by step guide that want cost me a bomb in solicter fees or waiting around for CAB to get to me.
    Aswell as this the solicter we used to serve the tenants their section 8 and 21 notice want give me a copy of the notice to put in with the paperwork without costing me more than the letters themselfs cost?! Suggests more than welcome

Originally posted by Siany88 View Post
    Aswell as this the solicter we used to serve the tenants their section 8 and 21 notice want give me a copy of the notice to put in with the paperwork without costing me more than the letters themselfs cost?! Suggests more than welcome
    You seem to be asking for help serving or following up a section 8 and/or section 21 notice requiring possession, but you are going to have to give us a bit more clue as to how exactly we can help you. The chunk of your post which I have quoted is a monument to obscurity.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Hiya. On going annoyonce with tenants has led to us finally getting the paperwork from the court to get them kicked out under section 8 notice that expired on the 28th of last month.
      ....Not sure if ive filled it in correctly and i know how important it is. Wanting to get it done asap tho so does anyone know a step by step guide that want cost me a bomb in solicter fees or waiting around for CAB to get to me.
      Hi there. As you're asking for a step-by-step guide on how to serve Section 8 and 21 notices, you may find these articles useful:

http://www.landlord-forum.co.uk/arti...articles_id=35
      http://www.netlawman.co.uk/info/section-21-notice.php

Comment

Aswell as this the solicter we used to serve the tenants their section 8 and 21 notice want give me a copy of the notice to put in with the paperwork without costing me more than the letters themselfs cost?! Suggests more than welcome.
        Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        The chunk of your post which I have quoted is a monument to obscurity.
        That's not very nice! I guess that it means:

As well as this, the solicitors whom we instructed to serve (on the tenants) the section 8 and 21 notices won't give us a copy of the notices to put in with the paperwork unless we pay them even more than we paid for sending the letters themselves. Your suggestions re what I ought to do would be welcome.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Jeffrey: surely OP has a right to a copy of the notices the solicitor sent - and proof of service?

Comment

Yes. The solicitor's file contents ultimately belong to the client; so why shouldn't OP just call-in and take photocopies in situ?
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Enforcing a CCJ without current address
              by shoobydoo
              I used a company called Vilcol to trace someone. They gave me the new address and an updated phone number too. No solicitor needed. I did not have any previous address so had to pay a higher fee, but you already have the previous address so it will be lower. And if no trace, then no fee.
              11-08-2022, 18:50 PM
            • Enforcing a CCJ without current address
              by Chrisall
              First post and straight in with a question! We had a CCJ against a bad tenant and can't enforce/ recover the debt because the person refuses to provide their address. The prior address was our property and the only correspondence address is her debt management company. I've looked at address tracing...
              11-08-2022, 15:06 PM
            • Reply to Deposit not protected - when to take action?
              by artin
              I am a landlord. But not protecting a deposit is foolish and careless. I would go for it, I think you are entitled 1 to 3 times of the deposit so no body will go bankrupt, go for the max, can't see any excuse for not protecting a deposit. A landlord may forget to do something and a judge would be lenient...
              11-08-2022, 18:10 PM
            • Deposit not protected - when to take action?
              by security2
              Hi all,

I know there's plenty of info on what to do when deposits are not protected but I wonder what your advice would be in this particular situation?

A friend of mine took on a rental in London last year and has given notice to vacate for end of this month. It's through...
              11-08-2022, 17:12 PM
              by jpkeates
              I'd wait until the deposits been returned.
              Unless the agent makes some unreasonable demands, in which case I'd start then.

Your friend has six years from the deadline to protect the deposit to make a claim.

Even if the agent is acting on behalf of a landlord, it's possible...
              11-08-2022, 18:06 PM
            • Reply to Can I get rent paid direct to me?
              by NaomiB
              When you are my age, thirty one is enormously young!
              11-08-2022, 17:52 PM
            • Can I get rent paid direct to me?
              by NaomiB
              My tenant was supposed to have left yesterday but she hasn't so this morning I posted my N325-eng form with the £130 for the bailiffs.

I am expecting the court to take about three weeks to issue the warrant and four to six weeks for the bailiffs to come so about two months or so. She...
              11-08-2022, 12:46 PM
              by AndrewDod
              Is the agent the named landlord on the tenancy agreement. If so, go for it. If agent is agent for some other named landlord, you will be screwing someone who has already been screwed over by the agent, so would need a good (moral) reason to want to do that....
              11-08-2022, 17:45 PM
            • Reply to Can I get rent paid direct to me?
              by Hudson01
              31 !!! Is not young, she is acting like a 15 year old, at 19 i was at war in the South Atlantic, that was young, she sounds immature and delusional.

As said by others, forget all the updates with her and ensure you deal with her in a business like manner, she really is in for a big shock..........
              11-08-2022, 17:42 PM
            • Reply to Section 21 costs - who pays?
              by freddycd15
              Thank you all.

What I've understood from the replies and some searching from my side is that:

1) The court fee (£355) and a fixed fee (about £50-£80 depending on the nature of the case) are claimable only. I'm not sure if there are any others?

2) You would fill...
              11-08-2022, 17:31 PM
            Working...
            X