Particulars of claim for possession

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Particulars of claim for possession

    dear forum,

    Im trying to get a room back in a HMO property that I have which I served a section 8 notice on a tenant who was over 8 weeks arrears.

    Do I need to include a copy of the section 8 notice when i send paperwork to the court?

    On section 6 of a N119 form, am I correct is saying that its a (notice seeking possession).

    Final question before I go to bed, is for Q10.

    Do I circle (a) for getting possession, as this is what I want plus (c) for rent until I get property back, as I also want my money.

    Can I also make a claim against the tenant for my time in having to sit down for hours to prepare these documents.

    Many thanks

    6 - notice seeking possession

    10 - leave all

    Why are you doing this on paper (£150) when online at costs only £100.


      Due to my income, I get court fee remission, which may be great for the cost side of things, but its taken up so much of my time to do all these forms.

      Thanks for your help.


        It is actually none of my business whatsoever, but how do you qualify for ex160 fee remission when you have a rental income from (what seems to be) a portfolio of HMOs?


        Latest Activity


        • Reply to Dogs
          by royw
          What does your AST say about it?
          05-12-2021, 23:20 PM
        • Dogs
          by Bridge2020
          My tenant has asked if he can get a dog. Where do I stand on this ?...
          05-12-2021, 11:23 AM
        • Advice on s.8 & s.21
          by Hetty911
          Hi all,

          Long time lurker, first time poster. Would be grateful for advice on the below.

          Have a tenant on a AST which expired in July and has rolled onto a periodic tenancy. Over past 6 months rent has been delayed, partial and on two occasions unpaid. 2 months rent is missing...
          05-12-2021, 22:01 PM
        • Reply to Accelerated possession order
          by Hudson01
          Unless the tenant has dependent children, some, or all with a disability, and some other form of vulnerability for her/him self..... they will be in a crummy emergency accommodation flea pit or a dumpy flat in a place resembling the film set of '' Escape from New York ''. They are deluded.
          05-12-2021, 20:36 PM
        • Accelerated possession order
          by Pariah81
          A tenant has refused to leave the property at the end of her tenancy and has now asked to be evicted as in her words 'that will make her eligible for a council house'.

          I am sending an accelerated possession order through the courts but whilst completed the forms noticed two apparent errors...
          05-12-2021, 18:12 PM
        • Reply to Accelerated possession order
          by theartfullodger
          Thatcher's 1988 housing act makes it clear tenant does not have to leave at end of fixed term

          Why help tenant take a council property from a more deserving case? I'd decline to serve s21. S8 if possible... (was she ever late with rent?)
          05-12-2021, 19:17 PM
        • Reply to Accelerated possession order
          by Pariah81
          Ok so it looks like the section 21 notice is invalid as a result of this error. The deposit scheme was not in place at the time of the notice.

          Apparently the deposit has to be returned in full....
          05-12-2021, 18:35 PM
        • Reply to Dogs
          by ash72
          The good thing is they have asked you prior to getting one, so the decision is yours. If you do decide then I would suggest you increase rent to compensate for your loss in the future.
          05-12-2021, 17:21 PM
        • Reply to Dogs
          by jpkeates
          I wouldn't, but it does depend on what type of dog.
          You should assume your carpets will all need replacing.
          05-12-2021, 16:21 PM
        • Reply to STA, Section 8 and Court delays/Christmas
          by jpkeates
          Assuming it's an AST (STA's are Scottish)...
          You don't have to renew the tenancy, just let it become periodic.
          And, you're right, don't renew it.

          To repossess, you'll either have to attend court or pay a solicitor to do so on your behalf.

          If the tenant doesn't owe...
          05-12-2021, 16:13 PM