Poss strange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poss strange question

As I'm allowed to enjoy a peaceful tenancy from my Landlord would flying 100ft above my house and hovering in his mates helicopter several times class as harrasment (we are talking shaking windows and if curtains were open looking in)? I'm due to leave soon as he wants to move into the house and because of this and many other issues including my deposit not being protected in one of the schemes I'm going to use my deposit for the last months rent

Report him to the Civil Aviation Authority and in answer to your question , yes - as long its two identifiable occasions its a course of conduct which is one of the prerequisites for harassment offences

Comment

Cheers, I'm going soon but basically its more ammo to confront him with as I'm leaving a month earlier (and not paying for it) and as I said he can use the bond for the rent as its not protected.
      They also insisted on looking round the house and doing an inspection 2 days after I got the keys and said to take photo's ...snooped round and no camera

Also a hole in the walk in wardrobe directly to outside his handy man made ... still there since Jan !!

Comment

How can he look inside your house from 100ft above it? Binoculars?

How do you know the LL or his friends are using the helicopter and do you have evidence of both this and of the dates/duration of the hovering incidents? Can you prove it was done with the intent of causing you to give up occupation (and not, say, because the LL was showing off his property to a friend en route to the golf course), and are you leaving early because of these incidents?

Are you saying the landlord has been spying on you through the hole in the walk-in wardrobe? If so, why didn't you report it to the police and/or block up the hole?

Why do you regard it as suspicious that the LL didn't take photos during an inspection? Would it not have been 'snooping' if he had taken photos?

Comment

Hi Cg

If what you say is correct, we only have your word about it, bad LL affect us good LL because we are seen as the bad guys.

Dont get personel just get professional, the helicopter business is him acting like a child with his mates and its a form of being a bully.

As a starting point, Pay the rent as per your AST

Give your one months written notice to LL, Request the DPS ref number from LL, add a few law terms ( under section ?, you are required to protect deposit within 14 days of ast etc)...request a copy of his property inventory post rental, Create a full property inventory yourself both written and photo asap, ask him to repond within 7 working days. post to LL using registered mail as proof of receipt.

Its only the start but this would demonstrate you know what you are talking about, creates respect from LL and also provides written proof, should a dispute over return of bond develop and court action is required.

Just remember that good comms between LL and T work, when trying to resolve problems.

Regs

Comment

To answer the above ... you can see him in the helicopter ... he is hovering above my house .. I live in the middle of nowhere ..1/4 mile to nearest house .. I can see him landing at his house over the valley .... The hole is not for spying do you have a 4 inch diameter hole in your bedroom to let in ther fresh air in winter?
            Its an example of his amazing skills as a landlord, like the heating not working and ME having to pay to get it working ... the agar still doesn't work !

The living room lights went and on investigation the wires were held together with a piece of black tape in the loft ! If It rains badly I have to syphon water using a hose pipe from the drive to stop it flooding the house. The cess pit wasn't in the lease and never mentioned as he said mains water ... yes but not sewage ! I didn't find it till it overflowed !

As for the helicopter seeing in my house .. My boss has one and you can see a lot 50-100 yrds in front of something.

In the end I pay £1350 a month for this place ..would you expect better ?

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
              H

Why do you regard it as suspicious that the LL didn't take photos during an inspection? Would it not have been 'snooping' if he had taken photos?

He said I need to come NOW to take pictures of everything ( its one of the the landlords staff) I said I had boxes everywhere so give me a week till it looks like it klived in at least! He insisted he had to come round that night to take loads of photo's and hinted there would be problems if I didn't let him. He then arrived without a camera and snooped around our stuff

Comment

Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                To answer the above ... you can see him in the helicopter ... he is hovering above my house .. I live in the middle of nowhere ..1/4 mile to nearest house .. I can see him landing at his house over the valley ....
                So I guess landlords that drive within 100 yards of their house could be done for harassment too, unless there are special laws governing choppers?

I don't think it's possible to see the identity of a person in a helicopter 100 yds above, but do admit that I don't make a habit of bothering my tenants in my Apache.
                Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
                  So I guess landlords that drive within 100 yards of their house could be done for harassment too, unless there are special laws governing choppers?

I don't think it's possible to see the identity of a person in a helicopter 100 yds above, but do admit that I don't make a habit of bothering my tenants in my Apache.
                  My house is in 4 acres of land ... it would be the same and you standing in someones garden for 10 minutes with a a chainsaw and motorbike on full revs !! Its not a flyover its creeping round the house and grounds chucking out 150DB of noise !

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X