agent wants refs from current landlord

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    agent wants refs from current landlord

    hi there
    been hunting for another renal for 12 weeks find one we like but lot of people chasing it
    new agent wants 2 character refs and 2 proffessional ones
    my husband is going to ask his boss for a ref today as i dont work i was told to get ref from current landlord is this to prove i pay on time? as it comes our of my husbands account and its in his name not mine

    i tried ringing landlord to be told he s overseas now i dnt kno what to do
    agent wants refs urgent as other people are after the same house

    what can i do?
    do i ring agent and say landlord away for a while who/what else can i provide refs from?
    we viewed the house on 11 aug then went on hols familt managed to get character refs to agent but its husband first day back at work so im hoping when he comes in he will have a work one

    but that leaves me
    any suggestions? and do agents check out refs by phoning?

    many thanks

    I had a very enthusiastic potential tenant apply for one of my properties recently. He and his wife were as keen as mustard and seemed to be ideal. Then my agent did a credit check: two undeclared outstanding CCJs. References were requested which we were told would be no problem. This included the current landlord's reference. I respect that landlord because he must have been honest when he stated that the person concerned owed several thousands of £s in unpaid rent! As you can imagine this very keen person did not become my tenant.
    The only thing to do is to talk to this agent, explain the circumstances and find out if there is any other evidence he can accept in place of your landlord's reference like bank accounts proving rent payments and so on.

    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.


    Latest Activity