• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Inherited a few rentals
    by DPT57
    In that case I would strongly urge you to join a landlords association and do some training, or you'll find your net profit is negative due to fines, penalties and non-paying tenants who prey on inexperienced landlords....
    28-01-2022, 11:31 AM
  • Inherited a few rentals
    by Landlord7289
    Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
    25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
    by Piffy
    I was once told that if a property is rented that reduced the valuation for probate purposes by 40% which is quite useful as I found a low valuation reduced the amount of Inheritance Tax of 40% and when I sold 8 years later I had to pay the lower Capital Gains Tax.
    I your case I would (if not...
    28-01-2022, 11:30 AM
    by Landlord7289
    Thank you to all people who responded but thank you for a more balanced view. I am in no rush to sell all as the properties are quite low maintenance whilst running on interest only mortgages I'm in the process of transferring to me. To answer your questions...

1. Net profit - happy with...
    28-01-2022, 10:23 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by jpkeates
    Where you live would be determined on the facts of your particular case.
    As you wouldn't be living there, it wouldn't pass.

Based on your two recent threads, you're trying to achieve the impossible.
    If there was a way of legally letting a property with little or no risk of a...
    28-01-2022, 09:25 AM
  • Renting rooms
    by Luke
    I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
    I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
    I do not intend to live at the property
    Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
    As its...
    28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by DPT57
    You need to actually be living there. Your proposal also creates an HMO, whether or not you reserve a room for yourself. You'd better check local licensing conditions before you decide....
    28-01-2022, 09:12 AM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by Luke
    Thanks , what is regarded as living in a property ?
    Do I need to spend a set number of days being there ?...
    28-01-2022, 08:34 AM
  • Reply to Tenant has moved partner in.
    by SouthernDave
    Defo get ready for a battle with this....
    28-01-2022, 08:26 AM
  • Tenant has moved partner in.
    by Alison Laws
    My tenant who is 4 months into her tenancy agreement has moved her partner in without permission and Im wondering can use this to issue a new tenancy agreement with his name on it. She isn't the easiest tenant and I would also like to add an agreement break to the new tenancy because of the difficulty...
    27-01-2022, 15:30 PM
Working...
X