Newbie to this lark! some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to this lark! some questions

Hi - I am new to this so sorry for the dumb questions!

I have a property in Poland which is just built and the agents have found a tenant. The agents will also manage the property.
    Can someone please clarify;
    1. Am I liable for a tenant finders fee as well as the 10% or so monthly fee for managing the property? Is a finders fee of 1 months rental value plus vat reasonable?
    2. The tenant has signed the contract for 6 months but expects to stay for 12. If they do I should not have to pay another finders fee after 6 months should I ?
    3. The tenant paid a deposit. Does the agent keep this pay it back at the end of the letting period?

Thanks! R

Polish law is not something on which LZ can assist. Members are mostly familiar with the legal system of only England&Wales. Sorry!
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by 007fair View Post
      I have a property in Poland which is just built and the agents have found a tenant. The agents will also manage the property.
      Can someone please clarify;
      1. Am I liable for a tenant finders fee as well as the 10% or so monthly fee for managing the property? Is a finders fee of 1 months rental value plus vat reasonable?
      2. The tenant has signed the contract for 6 months but expects to stay for 12. If they do I should not have to pay another finders fee after 6 months should I ?
      3. The tenant paid a deposit. Does the agent keep this pay it back at the end of the letting period?
      Why don't you ask the agent?

Also, property renting is not "lark".
      It can hurt you pretty badly if you don't know what you are doing or you run into bad/terrible/evil people, as tenants, agents or workmen and the property business has more than its fair share of these everywhere.

Please get proper professional legal advice especially when you are dealing with property/people in countries that have less developed property laws and regulations and where corruption and underhand practices are considered normal.

I would discourage you from asking anonymous people on websites for legal advice (to avoid paying costs), as this can end up costing you a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyLandlord View Post
        Why don't you ask the agent?

Also, property renting is not "lark".
        It can hurt you pretty badly if you don't know what you are doing or you run into bad/terrible/evil people, as tenants, agents or workmen and the property business has more than its fair share of these everywhere.

Please get proper professional legal advice especially when you are dealing with property/people in countries that have less developed property laws and regulations and where corruption and underhand practices are considered normal.

I would discourage you from asking anonymous people on websites for legal advice (to avoid paying costs), as this can end up costing you a lot more.
        I don't usually do this, but I have to agree with HairyLandlord.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X