T in arrears and has damaged my property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T in arrears and has damaged my property

Hi wonder if someone can give me some advice, I have a tenant who has been in my place which will be a year on October 1st, the 1st month she paid her months money and deposit, she then started mucking me about 1st by being late a week, fine put up with that, then I got money in drips and drabs, every month she then has given an excuse, which will not go into, well I served notice on the 26th July, she has only paid off not even a 1/4 of Julys rent and has not paid now august rent, not heard from her regarding when she will pay, where do I stand to get this before she moves out, she has also damaged the property, what do I do about that, if she is 2 moths behind cant I get her out before the 2 months notice, before she does more damage, and what happens if she takes stuff that doesnt belong to her ! This is first time I have let out to anyone, therefore a little green in this, can someone please advice what my rights are cause at the moment i am just about holding my temper. Also how do I find a fowarding address to get payment or can I get intouch with her employer.

thanks k

kilkenny:

Can you clarify...

Is the property in England/Wales
    Is the rent less than £2083 per month?
    When did the tenancy start?
    How long was the agreement for?
    Did you take a deposit?
    Have you protected it?
    Did you get a guarantor?
    Was the notice a section 8, a section 21(1)(b) or a section 21(4)(a)?
    When did you serve the notice?
    What was the expiry date on the notice (exact wording)?

oh...

Do you think the tenant has the money and just isn't paying you, or have they no assets.

Comment

Can you clarify...

Is the property in England/Wales
      Is the rent less than £2083 per month?
      When did the tenancy start?
      How long was the agreement for?
      Did you take a deposit?
      Have you protected it?
      Did you get a guarantor?
      Was the notice a section 8, a section 21(1)(b) or a section 21(4)(a)?
      When did you serve the notice?
      What was the expiry date on the notice (exact wording)?

oh...

Do you think the tenant has the money and just isn't paying you, or have they no assets.

My place is in England, Rent is £650 per month, Tenancy began 1st October, even tho I let her move in a week before, she was on a 6 month contract short hold tenancy, then another 6 month one,we took a deposit, which ended up not being a deposit as she was over due her rent every month, we did then in march get a cheque from her church in March this year , we also insured the deposit, unfortunaletly did not get a guarantor, he had serviced a section 21, one where you serve the section before then 6 month tenancy ends. we service on the 26th July, the expire date was that we are not renewing the contact , also how do i go about serving ccj for her not paying, she also has her own mortgage for a house in south africa, and is in full time work as a carer

Comment

Originally posted by kilkenny View Post
        we took a deposit
        Did you protect it?

we also insured the deposit
        Please explain.

he had serviced a section 21
        Eh? You are L; so it's you (not T) who serves such Notice!

Oh, and please familiarise yourself with how LZ's QUOTE facility works.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X