Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit issue - tenant not logging into DPS to accept it

Hi all

I deducted some money from the deposit for repairs from my tenant. She argued it and said she would seek legal advice, then she texted me to say she didnt want the delay of legal advice and accepted the figures. I have told her how to release the funds in the DPS site and she is not doing it and not responding to me. Any advice on what I can do? I have told her not doing so could result in me initiating the single claim process which will take longer and could result in more deductions to cover legal fees but she never replies.. Please help..

Use the single claim process; that's what it's for - i.e. when T fails to respond.

Comment

And if she doesnt respond to that do I get all of the deposit back or what I requested?

She has already accepted the amount so I wondered if the single claim process was the relevant one as she had responded she just isnt actioning it.

Comment

Why not just call the DPS and ask?

Comment

Ok and if I use the SCP and she disputes the amount is that irrelevant as I already have her acceptance of the figures?

Comment

SCP does not involve the tenant - you make a statement, get it sworn by a commissioner for oaths,a few weeks later, you get your money.

Comment

Ah ok cool - I thought that they still contact her and she still has the option to respond, I'm just assuming that as she has already accepted the amount though she cant contest it now anyway

Comment

you can still do the single claim route if the tenant has verbally/in writing agreed to deductions but is not processing the claim - just write a letter stating this, get a statutory declaration from the dps, complete it and send it off.

I have done this a few times where tenants have agreed to a deduction but cannot be bothered to get their money back.
                Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X