X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 advice

hi

I have tenants that only have moved in month ago on a 6 month ast
    I would like to serve s21 as i would like the house back in 6 months time , i have read
    That as a precautionary measure serves each individual tenant with a separate notice. And i should request that the tenants sign and return a copy .

But on the s21 there is no place for the tenants to sign it , can someone help me on this? do just write the words “tenants signature” on the form and then ask them to sign it? or ....

also do think it best to serve the notice now or wait untill the 4 month??

Thanks

James

Presuming you have joint tenants, all the tenants names need to be on the s21.

Send 2 copies by regular first class mail from different post offices, obtaining a free certificate of positing for both. This will be accepted by the court as having been served 2 working days later. You can send it whenever you like, but it's expiry date can not be within 2 months of service, nor within the period of the fixed term.

Serving an s21 does not guarantee you will get your property back at the end of the fixed term, the tenants are under no obligation to do so. The s21 is the first stage of a process that includes the notice, an application to the court for possession, and possibly the use of court bailiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by james11 View Post
      But on the s21 there is no place for the tenants to sign it , can someone help me on this? do just write the words “tenants signature” on the form and then ask them to sign it? or ....

also do think it best to serve the notice now or wait untill the 4 month??
      I would wait a bit before serving notice. The tenant does not have to sign the notice for it to be served, you just need to follow snorkerz' instructions re posting it, and keep a copy of the notice for your own files together with the certificates of posting. (You will need this evidence if you go on to apply for possession after the end of the fixed term).

Note that the s.21 notice will not be valid if served before the deposit is protected.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X