X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thesaint
    replied
    Originally posted by lol2 View Post
    Just in process of making application to court to evict tenant. Whilst application is being made if the tenant leaves flay and also leaves the keys can we withdraw application? My agent says it would be best to carry on with the process to ensure we get possesion back as tenant can come back at anytime and ask for set of keys!!!!!!! Is this true?????????
    Once the money has been paid(court fee), I would just go ahead with the process.

Withdrawing beforehand "depends" on a multitude of varying factors.
    In 99% of situations, I wouldn't bother, and get another tenant for the property, and abandon the possession order.

Leave a comment:

• lol2
    replied
    Evicting Tenants

Just in process of making application to court to evict tenant. Whilst application is being made if the tenant leaves flay and also leaves the keys can we withdraw application? My agent says it would be best to carry on with the process to ensure we get possesion back as tenant can come back at anytime and ask for set of keys!!!!!!! Is this true?????????

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied

Why does the law protect tenants what about Landlords that do everything by the book. This was our original home and had to let out due to negative equity.
    If you've done everything buy the book, your tenant will not be protected will he?

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    reason for video is that my agent only logging what they see when they go round to the flat - reckon they cannot log what I see when I am there.

Another: who pays for the court costs is us or my agent?
    Why do you think your agent is liable? (Unless you are planning to sue him for incompetence, perhaps). I believe the tenant is normally liable for section 8 court costs, however your chances of extracting the money from him must be slim, given the circumstances you have detailed.

I still do not understand why you or the agent think that videoing your flat is a good idea! It will achieve nothing and could even be construed as harassment, which might hold up your court order - I would back off and just wait for the hearing.

Leave a comment:

• lol2
    replied
    reason for video is that my agent only logging what they see when they go round to the flat - reckon they cannot log what I see when I am there.

Another: who pays for the court costs is us or my agent?

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

Doing weekly flat check at mo the guy staying there does not seem to have been back for over a week, everything the same as last week. Videoing every time visit flat. Still not responding to calls or letters - all opended in flat.

Why does the law protect tenants what about Landlords that do everything by the book. This was our original home and had to let out due to negative equity.
    I am not sure what the point is of videoing this man's movements since you will not be able to end the tenancy and 'get him out' any sooner than you would the original tenant whose name is on the contract.

As soon as you have a court order for possession, you can instruct bailiffs who will remove all occupiers, whoever they are.

Leave a comment:

• lol2
    replied
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

Doing weekly flat check at mo the guy staying there does not seem to have been back for over a week, everything the same as last week. Videoing every time visit flat. Still not responding to calls or letters - all opended in flat.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Hi
    Renting through an agent with everything gping well for 12 months then all of a sudden tenant stopped paying. Agent tried on numerous occasions to contact tenant, by phone and letter, but to no avail. Found out that the person who took out original tenancy is not the person who had been living there from day one. Also since payment stopped various people have been staying at the property. Utilities have not been paid and getting bailiff letters. Also alot of goods have been ordered over last few weeks. Furniture was moved out two weeks ago although there is still some guy staying there and rent still not paid. Waiting to go to court in a weeks time.

What else can we do?
    Employ a letting agent who keeps a better eye on your property for you?

Leave a comment:

• davidjohnbutton
    replied
    Wait
    Worry
    Not a lot else - just make sure your court paperwork is checked and double checked - any deposit protected that should be.
    Prep for hearing in the ways I have stated in my previous posts - search my username davidjohnbutton

Leave a comment:

• lol2
    started a topic Evicting tenants

Evicting tenants

Hi
    Renting through an agent with everything gping well for 12 months then all of a sudden tenant stopped paying. Agent tried on numerous occasions to contact tenant, by phone and letter, but to no avail. Found out that the person who took out original tenancy is not the person who had been living there from day one. Also since payment stopped various people have been staying at the property. Utilities have not been paid and getting bailiff letters. Also alot of goods have been ordered over last few weeks. Furniture was moved out two weeks ago although there is still some guy staying there and rent still not paid. Waiting to go to court in a weeks time.

What else can we do?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X