Tenant referecing : do they show s8 or s21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant referecing : do they show s8 or s21

I have been looking at a tenant credit referencing products. however, they mention they check for CCJs, but it is unclear if that means they also check if a person has been taken to Court for under S8 or S21?

Any thoughts?

No. These are different. A 'CCJ' is an unsatisfied money Judgment of the County Court.
    Some debt cases also involve or arise in conjunction with s.8/s.21 Notices; some don't.
    Some s.8/s.21 Notices also involve or arise in conjunction with debt cases; some don't.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

It would only show up under a CCJ record if they had been taken to court for a S8 ground 8 and the judge made a money judgment at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by davidjohnbutton View Post
        It would only show up under a CCJ record if they had been taken to court for a S8 ground 8 and the judge made a money judgment at the time.
        Or grounds 10 or 11 or any combination of the three.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Is it possible for referencing agencies to check if a person has been taken to court under S21?

The letting agents in the past have used S21 to get the property back, wher there have been arrears and also damage to the property.

I think it is a real shame, because S21 will not show up in tenant referencing!

(I know that a S21 could be issues due to no fault on the tenant, but at least a S21 check, will flag up that more questions need to be raised about a tenant and a new landlord can ask why was a S21 issued!).

Comment

Originally posted by rajeshk4u View Post
            (I know that a S21 could be issues due to no fault on the tenant, but at least a S21 check, will flag up that more questions need to be raised about a tenant and a new landlord can ask why was a S21 issued!).
            No, an s21 does not require the landlord to give a reason for requiring possession - so none will be recorded. Also, that an s21 possession order was issued does not imply any impropriety on behalf of the tenant, it is their legal right to stay in the property until the court order is obtained.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X