Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Dates

I have accidentally written the wrong dates on an agreement

I have put in to start 1st June and to end 30 November instead of 31st December

Can it be left as it is as long as if I want to give notice I do it for end of December or should I ask the tenant if I can change their agreement?

The rent is payable monthly

The dates you have given, are a 6 month period - usual for a first AST. Is there a specific reason you want a 7 month AST?

Comment

No, the tenancy is for 6 months - I thought I was correct putting 1st June - 30 November, but then someone else has told me that you count the first month as being July, so the 6 month is December so it ends at the end of that month.

I always thought it was all of June, July, August, September, October, and so it would end on the last day of November being the sixth month.

Now I am completely confused!

Comment

Don't put an end date, just 6 months from "x" date.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

but I already have put an end date of 30 November. So is this correct as six months, or should it be 31st December? If the latter is the case, I presumably need to change the agreement in case there are problems later?

Comment

Originally posted by lynnellis View Post
            but I already have put an end date of 30 November. So is this correct as six months, or should it be 31st December? If the latter is the case, I presumably need to change the agreement in case there are problems later?
            You have done it right dont worry

June
            July
            August
            September
            October
            November

Equals 6 months

December would take it to seven months (count on another 6 months it takes you to may)

Comment

Thanks you have put my mind at rest

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X