Kitchen Worktop Lifespan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not class a burn as fair wear and tear - it's negligence/accidental damage - and I would press ahead in my claim hoping against hope that I wouldn't get a judge like you!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

btw - i've been advised that burns to kitchen work surfaces are now being charged at a flat rate of £100..which sounds a bit arbitrary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
        btw - i've been advised that burns to kitchen work surfaces are now being charged at a flat rate of £100..which sounds a bit arbitrary to me.
        How have you worked out your figure of what you think you should pay?
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
          Charged by whom?

And for what kind of surface - everything from £9 per length IKEA, to £1500 per metre Corian? Does sound a bit arbitrary! Who's told you that?
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

The problem is that the person who created the burn will not find it too noticeable since they have created it, but a new prospective tenant will see burn and will mark down the property. So why should the landlord have to waste mroe time showing more people around, because of defects in the property. It says the worktop is 3 years told, so it is a fairly new kitchen.

Also, changing the worktop is a pain, as it effects the finishing e.g. kitchen tiles plus in a fitted kitche, it will need cutting to fit kitchen sinks, gas cookers etc...

Also, wonder if the landlord can get the matching worktop? (most kitchens use 2 lengths!).

As for IKEA worktop they are rubbish.

Comment

I had one touched up with a repair coating and bought a nice big marble cutting board. Never got mentioned by the tenants!

Saved by the handyman again.

You can respray/recoat most laminate worktops.

It depends on how bad it is. High end units you would likely replace them or if you want a high standard of property.
              Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X