s21 expired

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    s21 expired

    s21 was served correctly and is now expired
    very problematic lha tenants to deal with - owe 2k in rent arrears

    so they are not going until baliffs knock on door ..

    presumably i need a possesion order - what forms do i need and what cost will this be can i try and get my costs back somehow.

    and then i need to instruct bailifs does this require forms

    and i am just wondering what tactics could they use to delay or stop procedure.
    thanks to all who respond

    Start with form N5B from the www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk website.

    The cost of filing is £150 and you will need proof of service of the s21 and proof of deposit protection (if applicable) together with a copy of the AST. If it is a licensable HMO you will need a copy of your HMO license as well.

    Once the judge makes the order, the council should be willing to help the tenant - so you may not need a bailiff.

    If you do, then you need to organise this once the eviction date has passed - iirc, the cost is £90.

    Your tenancy agreement may make the tenant liable for the cost of these actions, so recover them from the deposit or guarantor.

    Use the www.moneyclaim.gov.uk website to get an order for the missing rent - although if they have no assets and you have no guarantor you may be wasting your time.

    BTW - why use s21? s8 (ground 8) would have got you possession more quickly, cost less and included a court order for the missing rent.


      When you say you want to get your costs back, do you mean the court costs, or do you want a judgement for the arrears as well?
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong


        Originally posted by greek island 1 View Post
        very problematic lha tenants to deal with
        That T is on benefits is irrelevant. Your rights are no different than if T were paying own rent.
        Did you obtain a Deed of Guarantee?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


        Latest Activity