Electric Meter changed without me knowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
    You can't simply look at the tariff and decide which is cheaper.
    Agreed - it also depends on the address of the property and energy consumption.
    I certainly wouldn't decide for a tenant what tariff they should be on.
    No; but I/we were talking about your own usage, which presumably you know and can therefore work out pretty easily which company would suit your needs best, using something like www.uswitch.com. I'd be really surprised if you couldn't do significantly better than your current tarriff, if you've been with BG for 9 years. Personally I've changed about 4 times within that timeframe; last time was about three months ago - took about 10 mins; no hassle; and should save me well over £100/year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
      Agreed - it also depends on the address of the property and energy consumption.
      There's probably half a dozen things to take into account, which also includes standing charges, Economy 7 rates, Direct Debit discounts etc etc.

The point I am trying to put across is if it costs the landlord nothing, I can't see it as something to get concerned about, and demanding a "normal" meter put in.

Just the same way that most people keep the same current account forever despite there being better ones suited, I would be surprised if most people are changing energy suppliers/tarrifs to take advantage of promotional deals. Especially in short term rental properties.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
        The point I am trying to put across is if it costs the landlord nothing, I can't see it as something to get concerned about, and demanding a "normal" meter put in.
        I think that is where the confusion on this thread has arisen. Although it doesn't 'cost' the landlord more (except in voids) it does make the property less attractive and more difficult to let. The cost of fuel (being so high) is now an issue many tenants are concerned about.

Comment

Thanks for help

Thanks to all that responded.
          I have spoke with British Gas and they are coming out on Friday to remove the Pay As You Go Meter and fit a credit meter.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X