rent increase after tenancy run out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by confuse View Post
    After read all of your replies, I feel the law and regulations are not protecting landlord at all. LHA tenants always have excuses ( or no excuses at all) to refuse to pay the rent and landlords always have difficulties to buy rent insurance, or evict them. What is the point to let properties to the LHA tenants? The system is really strange. I am the one who was fooled at the first place so the LHA people got into my property. I wonder if any landlords would like to accept the LHA people at all.
    The thing is, like any business, you have to manage risk. With LHA tenants you make sure you have a decent guarantor and/or a nice big deposit. If they can not provide these, wait until someone comes along who can - a fortnights extra void costs far less than the situation you are currently facing.

Rent insurance is relatively easy if they have a guarantor, and evicting LHA is no different to any other tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by confuse View Post
      I feel the law and regulations are not protecting landlord at all. LHA tenants always have excuses ( or no excuses at all) to refuse to pay the rent and landlords always have difficulties to buy rent insurance, or evict them.
      That is why you should take a bigger deposit and get a guarantor when you have LHA tenants.

(I have a LHA tenant.)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X