Urgent Please help re. Possession Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Please help re. Possession Order

Hi we have been granted the Order for Possession by the Court and the court has ordered the tenants to give us possession on or before 10th August but the tenants have filed a defence for exceptional hardship and the court has ordered that the Date for Possession may be varied when the judge considers the defendant's request to postpone possession. There is a hearing scheduled on the 3rd August.

Please can anyone advise what may happen if the judge postpones possession at the hearing on the 3rd August - i.e. how much longer can they stay in our property and what would we need to do.

My husband and I are not sure we are well enough to attend we are both off sick from work with severe stess. Does anyone know if we need to attend? We have sent a long letter to the court and asked them to show it to the Judge to consider our circumstances as well as we are now badly in debt and at risk of losing that house which is threatened with repossession and also our home.

Thank you all for any help or assistance.

Maximum 6 weeks

Make sure you attend the hearing and put forward your arguments as to why you should not have to suffer these people living rent free in your property any longer. If you are not represented at the hearing, the judge will almost automatically side with the ones that are there.

Best bonus is if you attend but the tenant fails to appear - judge won't have any sympathy for them then - hardship or not!!!!!

Comment

And it may or may not be of help if you have medical evidence to show how this is affecting YOUR health !! It certainly can't harm your case ....
      Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Thank you so much. Does anyone know when the 42 days start. Does it start from the date of the hearing?

Comment

The court can only allow 42 days from the date the original order was made

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X