Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'disputed claim'?!

Hi,

I've just logged onto the DPS website to view my deposit and it has recently gone from 'awaiting landlord/agent response' to 'disputed claim'. I had requested back the undisputed amount and said that I wanted to use the dispute resolution service for the disputed amount.

I can't call the DPS until Monday now, so I was wondering what 'disputed claim' means? Whether they are disagreeing to use the ADR service or whether they've accepted and there is going to be an official dispute.

Typically, there is nothing of help on the DPS faq's section!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sedgwick65 View Post
    Hi,

I've just logged onto the DPS website to view my deposit and it has recently gone from 'awaiting landlord/agent response' to 'disputed claim'. I had requested back the undisputed amount and said that I wanted to use the dispute resolution service for the disputed amount.

I can't call the DPS until Monday now, so I was wondering what 'disputed claim' means? Whether they are disagreeing to use the ADR service or whether they've accepted and there is going to be an official dispute.

Typically, there is nothing of help on the DPS faq's section!!

Thanks!
    It means exactly what it says - that some or all of the deposit is being disputed.

Who do you mean by 'they' - the LL or the DPS?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

By 'they' I was referring to the agency that I am dealing with who are acting on behalf of a landlord. I know how it sounds, but I was wondering whether they were disputing what I have requesting via the DPS (which is the undisputed amount back now, and to use the ADR service for the rest) or whether they have refused to go through the DPS and want to use other means to gather an outcome, either further negotiation or the Court.

Sorry for being vague/needing talking through it all, I am a complete novice and I feel a bit out of my depth at the moment. I've only been renting for 2 years and all this talk of small claims courts and disputes is a little scary!!

Thanks for continued support and advice, it's all super-helpful!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X