Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new AST procedure

hi,

just wondering how to correctly serve a new ast!

at the end of a 6 month ast. if LL and T want another 6 month AST, then can another one just be drawn up and signed or does they need to be a section 21 issued then new AST!

all advise greatly appreciated for the correct process

You do not serve an AST; it is not a notice.

Please go and spend six months on a course or working in a letting agents before you try to be a letting agent. You really do not seem to have a clue what you are doing.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      You do not serve an AST; it is not a notice.

Please go and spend six months on a course or working in a letting agents before you try to be a letting agent. You really do not seem to have a clue what you are doing.
      Very funny!!!

By the way are you an estate agent? If so, god help us. If not, how are you involved with both LL and T? After a six month AST it will fall into a rolling contract, most are happy continuing with that but the T can request another contract if they so wish. Its upto the LL to keep it rolling or draw up another. S21 is not required.

Comment

yes i understand about how it would go to a rolling contract by default. But if both T and LL would want a new 6 month contract, then what is the correct way of doing it?

Comment

You ask them if they want to extend and then draw up a new ast. You dont have to end the tenancy to start a new contract.

Seriously as MTG says you would be better getting some experience in the industry prior to setting up your agency. It may take you 6-12 months to get a grasp of what is required of you as an agent (unless you are in a happy position where you can employ yourself an experienced manager and a couple of good negotiators).

Comment

I'm not sure if the original question has been answered,

Does the landlord have to give the tenant any kind of letter/document at 4 months to give notice and say his intentions of starting a new 6 month AST contract?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcorn View Post
              I'm not sure if the original question has been answered,

Does the landlord have to give the tenant any kind of letter/document at 4 months to give notice and say his intentions of starting a new 6 month AST contract?
              No. Of course, L could serve a s21(1)(b) Notice; and then agree not to begin proceedings if T signs-up to a new fixed term.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X