Non paying tenant left owing rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non paying tenant left owing rent

Should I do anything further about my ex tenant?
    My tenant left at the end of his tenancy (fortunately).
    he hadn't paid for a few months - wanted to continue the tenancy and promised to get up to date with rent that week. he'd given the same story a number of times (actually did pay up once) but fortunately did vacate at the end of the tenancy and only cost about 400 to make the place haitable again.
    After the deposit I think I'l be owed about 3000, which isn't as bad as it could be.

Question is what should I do now? New tenants say they are getting debt collectors (they say baliffs but I suspect just collectors calling) so guess there's not much in the way of assets.
    I don't expect to reclaim any more from him but am concerned that if I don't do anything he will just pull the same scam again on another landlord.

I thnk the only possible means I have of tracing him might be via the work reference which said he would be there for the forseeable future - turned out to be shortly after he moved in.

You need to find his current address before you can realistically do anything.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
      You need to find his current address before you can realistically do anything.
      Thanks - that's what I thought.
      I'll probably content myself with emailing him a final bill - and resending monthly.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X