Just got back from travelling, proof of income question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from travelling, proof of income question...

and I have just started my own web design business.

I need to find a place to rent asap and I wondered how many months proof of income most landlords required?

Any help?

Thanks

Originally posted by cowboyblue View Post
    and I have just started my own web design business.

I need to find a place to rent asap and I wondered how many months proof of income most landlords required?

Any help?

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I don't know, but in the circumstances I would think any LL would be insisting on a guarantor. Have you got one?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      I'm sorry, I don't know, but in the circumstances I would think any LL would be insisting on a guarantor. Have you got one?
      The only person who could possibly act as one is my partner's mother. She owns her own home (Albeit a former council property) and both her and her husband have good, stable jobs.

Unfortunately, I'm not certain she would be willing to act as one as my partner and her mother have only just gotten back onto speaking terms.

Would this be the only viable option in this scenario?

Comment

It won't be possible for anyone to give a definitive answer to your question as it is entirely up to each individual landlord what is acceptable.

It's going to depend on how much demand there is, how long the property has been empty etc.

As mentioned above a lot of landlords would insist on a guarantor. If it was me, I would, and that guarantor would have to be a homeowner with a job, but some others are less rigid.

If that isn't possible some will accept you with either a larger than normal deposit or several months rent in advance.

As a general tip you may find landlords who deal direct more open to alternatives than agents.

Comment

as a ll I would ask for 6 months in advance - I always have & always got it. Its the norm. However depends on supply & demand in the local area.

Comment

Cowboyblue: why not offer to pay L's premium for a Rent Insurance policy?
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
              Cowboyblue: why not offer to pay L's premium for a Rent Insurance policy?
              Would many landlords accept that?

I'm literally open to any possibility at the moment, we're living with my mum right now (Not ideal in any way whatsoever) so the sooner we can get out the better.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyblue View Post
                Would many landlords accept that?.
                It's no good asking us! How will you know unless you ask them?
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X