continuing an AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

continuing an AST

I am very new to this and used an agency to find my current tenants.
    They have initial AST but have been served with Section 21 by agent to ensure we regain property at end of term as they paid 6 months rent in advance. We are very happy for them to stay so if we just get updated monthly rental S/Order set up does AST become periodic. Agency are happy to redo an agreement for a fee!!!! HELP please

Originally posted by elliott View Post
    I am very new to this and used an agency to find my current tenants.
    They have initial AST but have been served with Section 21 by agent to ensure we regain property at end of term as they paid 6 months rent in advance. We are very happy for them to stay so if we just get updated monthly rental S/Order set up does AST become periodic. Agency are happy to redo an agreement for a fee!!!! HELP please
    Tell your agent to go away. It is perfectly OK to allow the tenancy to become periodic (or 'rolling') and you do not need to have another agreement drawn up or anything (despite your agent's enthusiasm for you to do so - as you have spotted, he has his mind on his profits).

The tenancy will continue with the same Ts and Cs but slightly modifed arrangements for serving notice (T can give you one month's, or you can give the T two months' notice, to expire at the end of a rental period in both cases).
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X