• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good tenants I Love em

A. Built a new garage

B. Built a conservatory

C. Re surfaced the whole of the drive

D. Fitted a new kitchen & fully fitted the house with wooden flooring

E. Knocked down a crappy wall, re landscaped the place and put up new fencing.

I am delighted for you. Ironically your list above could equally follow the lament :'Tenants from Hell - I hate them! This is what they did to my property...Built a new garage, etc.'
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      I am delighted for you. Ironically your list above could equally follow the lament :'Tenants from Hell - I hate them! This is what they did to my property...Built a new garage, etc.'

Trust me i have plenty of those, couldnt spare a lightbulb could you

Comment

I was going to say if this is how they look after your property the least you could do is give them a light bulb

Comment

Originally posted by Springfields View Post
          I was going to say if this is how they look after your property the least you could do is give them a light bulb
          Penthouse Flat, they can afford one (Well as much as you can get a penthouse in W Yorks)

Comment

Originally posted by John_C View Post
            Penthouse Flat, they can afford one (Well as much as you can get a penthouse in W Yorks)
            Hmmm...a penthouse overlooking the River Calder? I'm struggling to visualise this...
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by John_C View Post
              (Well as much as you can get a penthouse in W Yorks)
              Try most backstreet newsagents.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                Try most backstreet newsagents.
                I hope that isn't the voice of experience speaking!

Comment

Brings back childhood memories
                  I also post as Moderator2 when moderating

Comment

Apparantly the queen and her family haved done the same to many of the palaces that they don't own.

Even Cameron is putting a new kitchen in No 10.

Comment

Originally posted by subjecttocontract View Post
                      Apparantly the queen and her family haved done the same to many of the palaces that they don't own.

Even Cameron is putting a new kitchen in No 10.
                      Done what - provided a light bulb?

Comment

If this dream tenants know have any equally wonderful family or friends looking for a 1 bedroom flat in peckham, I would love to hear from them!

Comment

My heart sinks, and a drowsy numbness pains my sense...as though a bout of spam is imminent from the above poster...!

I hope she proves me wrong.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Estate agents letting fees
                            by Harper62
                            reply to: theartfullodger - the question relates to the agent's commission - the contracts are for one year or more and whether the agent should charge commission of a tenant stays longer than a year
                            02-12-2021, 22:01 PM
                            by Harper62
                            reply to Andrew Dodd - I think you've misunderstood. As I mentioned the house has been let since 2006 - the agent finds the tenants and secures the rental amount, draws up the contract - it's a successful operation. My query related to the period the agent wants to charge commission on. That's what...
                            02-12-2021, 21:57 PM
                            by Hudson01
                            I use an estate agent on a tenant find basis with no management but always interview each of the prospective tenants who pass the tests, i pay 1 months rent as their fee and that is it, if the tenancy lasts 1 year or 10 years i pay that one fee and that is it. Anything else i would not accept.
                            02-12-2021, 21:36 PM
                          • Reply to 5 Yr Residential tenancy agreement
                            by landlord-man
                            12 month AST

Establish rapport with Tenants, do some. LL training and then sack the agent and keep more ££ yourself...
                            02-12-2021, 20:43 PM
                          • 5 Yr Residential tenancy agreement
                            by Gurvinder
                            Hi All

We have a property which is managed by a letting agent
                            He has found new Tennent's that want to lease it for 5 yrs. There is a large hospital near the property and the tenants are NHS workers.

My questions are as below.

1) I read somewhere a long...
                            30-11-2021, 21:42 PM
                            by theartfullodger
                            So either do it yourself, no agent, or specify 6 months then rolling periodic.
                            02-12-2021, 20:37 PM
                          • Estate agents letting fees
                            by Harper62
                            Can I ask advice on this matter. I've had a property in London since 2006 which is rented. Whichever estate agent I use, they all want to charge a letting fee (let only not managed) on the whole term. Tenants often sign for more than a year and the estate agent is keen to charge a commission for each...
                            02-12-2021, 19:00 PM
                            by AndrewDod
                            Why exactly do you want to use an agent for a Let only non-managed?

The most critical bit of the process which you should be doing yourself (even for fully managed) you are devolving to others. Will end badly....
                            02-12-2021, 20:22 PM
                          • Reply to help / advice on letting
                            by john19
                            I really would be grateful if someone could please comment on my above post ;-

1) Can you make an amendment to the existing tenancy agreement removing the estate agents as managing agents?

2) if the estate agents will not amend the existing agreement and still say a new tenancy...
                            02-12-2021, 20:17 PM
                          • Am I going to have any issues with this s21?
                            by Cotton
                            for a s21 to be valid i need to give the tenant the gas certifcate, epc, eicr and the 'how to rent' guide before occupation

Being a DSS tenant and not having access to their details prior to occupation, I emailed these documents to the council weeks before the tenant took occupancy at the...
                            02-12-2021, 20:06 PM
                          Working...
                          X