Deposit refund on joint tenancy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blush - oh do you know I've just spotted the spell check button .... no more for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Could we agree at least to call it prescribed information?
      Its so much easier on word - I think I can touch type and I really can't

Oh I've done it all the way through prescribed, prescribed, prescribed

Comment

Originally posted by Springfields View Post
        The same penalitiies apply as if the deposit has not been protected
        I don't disagree with you there at all. However, certainly with DPS there is no obligation to get the prescribed information signed. I can see why you do it - and don't have a problem with that - I just wanted OP to know that not everyone does it that way, because if she hasn't signed for her Prescribed Information, and you say she should, she might be worried something is amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Springfields View Post
          Each TT has responsibility for their room and joint responsibility for communal (unless responsibility is claimed by one party).
          Out of interest, do you do individual ASTs or Joint ASTs.
          If the former, how do you do J&S for the communal areas - ie an area that doesn't form part of their tenancy?
          If the latter, how do you regulate which room an individual co-tenant occupies?

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
            Out of interest, do you do individual ASTs or Joint ASTs.
            If the former, how do you do J&S for the communal areas - ie an area that doesn't form part of their tenancy?
            If the latter, how do you regulate which room an individual co-tenant occupies?
            It depends on the circumstances of the property and the tenant....

For example if you have 2 friends looking to share a single residence then they form a joint ast each choosing which room they occupy at the start of the tenancy. In both the asts are the same, each tenant has the same obligations.... in terms of regulating this we have house rules (as we do with our student accomodation) You tend to find that poor house keeping and behaviour is either shared or reported.

in the latter where the property is HMO or a property which wouldnt be classed as a typical HMO (ie 2 rooms where the landlord is looking to let both rooms individually the rooms are numbered and the tenant signs an individual ast stating which room they will be occupying.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X