Time to evict but are forms necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to evict but are forms necessary?

My house is full and this is the longest period of good times that I've had in quite a while as a landlord. I recently visited the property to cut the hedges etc. when 2 of the tenants pulled me aside and said they were moving out because of the new tenant. He threw up all over the bathroom on Saturday night and didn't clear up till a full 24 hrs later leaving the bathroom unusable. His response at the time to the others who were understandably upset was to deny it all. So I wrote to him for his side of what happened and the large broken bottle of Scotch left in a cupboard (a few feet away from the recycling bin). I knocked on his door to have a chat 4 SEPERATE TIMES and got NO RESPONSE. So I used my key to enter the room to find him sitting on a chair with a set of headphones in his hands. "Oh were you knocking I didn't hear you?" I couldn't help notice that the headphones weren't plugged in and he was a couple of feet away from the switched of laptop!

His email response clearly showed me he's operating on another planet. Although he pays his rent ontime and is not in arrears, I'd like to nip this in the bud with a formal email detailing the breach of contract (nuisance to other tenants) and give him his notice. Should I reach staright for the notice of possession form or see if he'll play ball with a simple request to leave?

Thanks guys and girls your advice is invaluable

Charles

If you really do want him out I would serve him with the appropriate 2 months notice. I dont think giving him notice under the "nuisance" issue would stand. This is just a discretionary ground for a court to issue notice and I dont think him being sink in the bathroom would stand in court really?

If you really want him gone, then use the proper procedures otherwise it could come back and bite you on the

Comment

Soon to be Ex Tenant!

Thanks Poppy the nuisance was more that he didn't clean it up till the night of the following day. The Sick was everywhere except the ceiling. Hopefully you're reading this after your evening meal! I hope! But thanks for the advice I'll get on that straight away!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X