Section 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21

I was wondering if anyone could help me please - I need to issue a section 21 (4) (a) to my tenant asap.

The tenancy started on 20th October 2009 for a period of 6 months at £100.00 weekly.

Does the S21 work differently if the rent is weekly not monthly?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Yes. No matter on what date you serve it:
    a. it must give T a Notice period of at least two months; and
    b. that period must run up to & inc. an SPT end date- i.e. the end of one of your weekly tenancy rent weeks.

I hope that you issued T with a Rent Book: see s.4 of LTA 1985!
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

SPT date???

Comment

Originally posted by Gem233 View Post
        SPT date?
        Statutory
        Periodic
        Tenancy
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

So if I issued S21 today what date would you state

Comment

Fixed term ended Monday 19th April 2010. Therefore your s21 will have to expire on a Monday (Each tenancy period running from Tuesday to Monday)

If served today, the expiry date would be "After 13th September 2010" If served after today, it would be "After 20th September 2010"

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Weekly into 6 months does not go.
                I am not saying the Sec 21 is incorrect, but it is not a good way to do things.
                Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Weekly into twelve months doesn't, either.
                  Weekly rent is itself a Bad Idea; and a Rent Book or equivalent is necessary too [s.4 of LTA 1985]..

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X