Management Agreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Management Agreements

Sorry if this has already been posted but I have had a look and couldn't see anything that relates.

I am a landlord of several properties, which I have employed a letting agent to market and manage for a few years now.

I now plan to take the management back and run them privately.

I have several good tenants in which I wish to keep, although if there were to take a new tenancy I would still be liable to pay the agents for the renewal of the tenancy due to them finding the tenant.

Can anyone help with this situation so I can keep my tenants without having to pay a fee.

Thank you for your advice

It all comes down to what your management agreement says and whether what it says falls foul of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.

Comment

You may be able to terminate the "management" part of the agency agreement, thereby not being liable for the management part of the commission. However it depends on the terms and conditions of the agreement you signed with your agents (what does it say)?

It is unlikely however that you will be able to avoid paying the renewal fees/commission for the "let" part of the agency agreement (although worth trying).

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
        It all comes down to what your management agreement says and whether what it says falls foul of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.
        However, a clause doesn't fall foul (i.e. is unenforceable) unless you have convinced a judge that it is unfair.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X