Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Tenancy Agreement-TDS Wont OPen Case

Hi

Ive recently opened a case with the TDS for ludicrous costs claimed by the LL from my deposit. I also explained that I had lost my tenancy agreement - dont ask me how! Everything was in a file but for some reason the document is not there (so frustrating). Would I be able to go back to the Letting Agent and ask for a copy free of charge? They are not being very supportive to me as the LL owns half of the town so they clearly want to keep on his side as they earn a lot of commission. Could I open a case without this tenancy agreement? A shame the TDS couldnt have held onto my documents and just contacted me as I now have to send a massive bundle back again ... hey ho!

Would the letting agency have to provide you one free of charge? No.

Would the letting agency have to provide you one at all? Not sure.

Tell them that you dispute the deductions, and can they point out in your signed tenancy agreement the relevant clauses.

Hopefully you'll get another copy.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Have the TDs said they cannot open the case without the tenancy agreement? Your thread title suggests that is the case, but you do not mention the prescribed information you should have been given when your deposit was protected,or whether you have a secure tenant ID number for your account.

I cannot think the TDS can insist on a tenancy agreement, since your AST could in theory have been granted orally, not in writing.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        I cannot think the TDS can insist on a tenancy agreement, since your AST could in theory have been granted orally, not in writing.
        Not with the TDS, as they require clauses to be inserted into the tenancy agreement as a condition of protecting the deposit. This may be why they would insist on seeing the agreement, to check that the protection is valid.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X