Tenant damaged brand new cooker after only 5 days into the tenancy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rang Beko Customer services saying the cooker is 1 month old and the dials have melted so I would like some replacement dials. After confirming my details, they said they will send out free dials within 4-5 days!!
    I asked if this is a common fault with this model of gas cooker to which she said no and just sending the dials was a good will gesture!! Somehow I think they are aware of their terrible design flaw with this model!!
    Anyway I have told the tenant he should be expecting the dials and that I talked the manufacturers into giving me them for free which hopefully will work in my favour and he stays a good tenant because I could have easily charged him, and was tempted too!

Comment

Originally posted by d4rmsc View Post
      they said they will send out free dials within 4-5 days!!
      Good for you but bad move.

Should have said you have ordered new dials, that you will replace these free of charge, and anything else damaged will be his responsibility, as advised in the A.S.T.

Gives more "clout" than saying you got them free.

R.

Comment

There are too many dodgy appliances in this country nowadays, don't let one of them destroy the relationship with the tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
          Good for you but bad move.

Should have said you have ordered new dials, that you will replace these free of charge, and anything else damaged will be his responsibility, as advised in the A.S.T.

Gives more "clout" than saying you got them free.

R.
          I wish I said that actually. Only a LL newbie so I still have a lot to learn!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Section 21 issued with new tenancy
            by MdeB
            My experience:
            1. The only S21 notice I have issued, the tenants left when the notice period ended.
            2. A friend of my wife received a S21 notice (it appeared invalid in about 8 ways when she gave me details) after sho posted on her social media page a photo and question about mould in her toddler's bedroom.
            18-09-2020, 19:40 PM
          • Section 21 issued with new tenancy
            by fmST1
            When a new tenant moves into a property, I get them to sign a section 21 so that if whatever reason things don’t work out, the necessary paperwork is already in place.
            I’ve never had a need to exercise this yet, but would it work?...
            11-09-2020, 08:43 AM
          • Reply to Part furnished
            by jpucng62
            So what do they do with their furniture between these 'owned houses'?

Just because you experience is different to mine doesn't make my view of renters any stranger than yours. It is based on 20 years of tenants who have all happily supplied their own furniture. I accept that it is not a...
            18-09-2020, 19:37 PM
          • Part furnished
            by Chester Perry
            Our property was let part furnished however upon leaving the Ex. tenant took it upon himself to relieve us of the white goods and wooden blinds.

The dishwasher, washing machine, 2 x fridge freezers and wooden blinds throughout were actually ones purchased when the property was our main...
            18-09-2020, 13:34 PM
          • Reply to Tenant taking issue with "lateness" of inspection.
            by cuttingman
            It's not their fault they are on holiday when you want to inspect. Hopefully they don't install some hidden cameras and you can prove the notice of inspection was received by the tenant.

It's a good thing the girl doesn't have a hearing problem and was having a shower when you walked in...
            18-09-2020, 19:34 PM
          • Tenant taking issue with "lateness" of inspection.
            by SamCartman
            We gave 4 working days notice to our tenant of entry to inspect, and specified 2pm to meet with them at the property.
            We arrived 20-25 minutes late due to traffic and rung the doorbell with no answer, so we used our keys to get in and ran a brief inspection in their absence which was fine. ...
            18-09-2020, 15:43 PM
            by AndrewDod
            Well the words you use "tenants agreed that it would be okay and would be at home" does NOT suggest a simple permission to enter.

I'm not 100% sure what you are aiming for here - but I would just apologise and say that you will clarify the extent of permission next time....
            18-09-2020, 19:32 PM
          • Reply to Housing First - what are your thoughts?
            by MdeB
            If you are imminently implementing it, then isn't it a bit late to be seeking landords' views?

Does that have any inherent meaning, or is it from a buzzword generator?

I think this is the wrong place to be looking for landlords that might be willing to...
            18-09-2020, 19:19 PM
          • Housing First - what are your thoughts?
            by LandlordLiaisonOfficer
            Hello,

I work for a homeless charity and I am hoping you don't mind me bending your ear and gaining some landlord insight on a model we are imminently implementing for some of our service users.

Traditional housing models within the homeless sector require the service user...
            18-09-2020, 12:32 PM
            by SamCartman
            So are you saying that if we arrange an appointment and, for whatever reason, either we or they were late or early, that we have to specifically state in advance that we will use our keys in order to enter?

What would happen if we gave them 24 hours notice and they were away or on holiday,...
            18-09-2020, 18:59 PM
          Working...
          X