How do I locate the mobile phone provider of a tenant by his number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I locate the mobile phone provider of a tenant by his number?

How do I locate the mobile phone provider of my former tenant by means of his mobile phone number? My tenant failed to pay me some rent and I don't have whereabouts, but was hoping the phone number might lead somewhere. The number starts: 075192*****

Aren't such numbers now portable? If so, the original telecom supplier may not be the current one.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I think you are right. But is there not a website where I can type in a mobile number to find out who is the current provider?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky View Post
        I think you are right. But is there not a website where I can type in a mobile number to find out who is the current provider?
        I am struggling to understand how that information could help you.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I couldn't find anything concrete but I did find a messageboard post by someone who said their number is in that range and it was originally on O2. It is now on Orange, proving Jeffrey's statement.

Comment

Originally posted by roryl View Post
            I couldn't find anything concrete but I did find a messageboard post by someone who said their number is in that range and it was originally on O2. It is now on Orange, proving Jeffrey's statement.
            But how could knowing the provider help OP catch up with his tenant? The provider is under no obligation to, and will not, supply customer details (even if they know them, which they may not). They wouldn't even talk to me about my son's account - even though I could prove who I was, etc etc. In fact, if you've ever tried to communicate with mobile phone companies about anything, the only thing you come away with, apart from an overwhelming impulse to batter something, is a sense that you have just experienced pure irony, first hand. They are unable/unwilling to communicate.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I agree, I have no idea how the OP could use this information.

Comment

You need to speak to an ex News of the World journalist. He'll get their phone records for you and probably their medical records while he's at it.

Your right about the mobile porting. I originally had an Orange number, but then ported it to Three. Even many years later it was still listed as an Orange number on customer's phone bills and charged as that.

Comment

Mobile phone info :-
                  http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/locator.php
                  Then look at
                  http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/s7_code_allocations.php

And as the site says, numbers transfered to another company is not
                  public information.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X