Notice Periods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Mrs Mug. So in effect a L can impose unilaterally a new fixed term. Assuming a S21 notice has already been served, a L then proceeds to apply for a possession order.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritkary View Post
      So in effect a L can impose unilaterally a new fixed term.
      No, as you’ve already been told.

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
      both have to agree to a new fixed term and the conditions attached. Landlord can not unilaterally impose a new fixed term.

Comment

Just because that is what I have been told as you put it, does not make it correct.

If a T does not agree to a new fixed term, then a L can proceed to evict following the correct lawful procedure. Which in effect means a L can get the fixed term he wants, albeit from a different T. So in a way, although the L can't impose unilaterally a fixed term on a T, if the T doesn't agree, a L can proceed to evict as I have just mentioned and find a T who will agree.

As I see it, L& T matters are purely about negotiation between the parties anyway, like most things in life.

Comment

Just because that is what I have been told as you put it, does not make it correct.
          Spiritkary, are you a landlord, agent or a tenant?

The answers you've been given won't change, but we will be able to understand why you are asking better. Do you have a specific question that you want answered?

Comment

But it is correct. Stop resisting this fact.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X